Looking for friendly people

Options
jetdead
jetdead Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I just started my MFP profile yesterday with little success upon my introduction, and just want to have some people to talk to. I haven't really had a whole lot of people to talk to about this so it would be a fantastic change of pace. My name is Tyler, and if I had to describe myself in one word eccentric would be a very good one. I am trying to lose the weight I put on since my mother passed away 2 years ago, and then bulking up to look how I want to look.

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this site as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, you're pretty young to be without her :(
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Hi Jet, welcome! Wishing you great success with your health and fitness goals! Feel free to send a Freind request!
    Happy to support!
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey Tyler,

We have something in common, weight gain after the loss of a parent.

Feel free to add me, it would be cool to have someone to motivate me :)
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler,
    I took a quick look at your profile and you are off to a great start, welcome to MFP.

I won't be the most talkative person on your friend feed but feel free to add me if you like.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    hey welcome! feel free to add! im on here everyday :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    hi tyler..just logged in today for 915 days. new friends always welcome to replace the inactive ones. Mfp really works!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry about the death of your mom :frown:
    I'm on here every day, feel free to add me!
  • diddles19
    diddles19 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP

So sorry to hear about your mum.

Feel feel to add me for support, I'm here everyday
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    Welcme to MFP! I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom! If you want motivation feel free to add me I am on here everyday :)
  • angelanicolelove
    Options
    I'm new here but have used this website in the past. Welcome :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I also gained a lot of weight after the loss of a parent (my dad). Feel free to add me.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place for support and positive encouragement. I gained a lot of my weight after the loss of my sibling. I understand how food can be used as a comfort mechanism. Feel free to add me as your friend :) We are on a road to a new life of health and fitness and a great well being :)
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Sorry you lost your mom. I certainly understand the weight gain. Same thing happened to my wife and I when her mom passed away.

I've found that most of the people on MFP are helpful. You can count me in when you want to chat with somebody about whatever comes to mind.

Eric
  • nataliea683
    nataliea683 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sorry about your mam Jet :frown:

feel free to add me, i'm on here just about all the time! sometimes skip weekends but still watch the calories!:laugh:

x
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    im friendly, i dont have many friends at present tho lol
  • ZippyTheWonderbat
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I am doing a restart today myself, please friend me if you are interested.
This discussion has been closed.