Conquer the baby jelly belly.

Options
Hey all,
my name is Jennifer. I recently had a baby. And by recently I mean a little less than three months ago. It is a boy if you are wondering, his name is Geoffrey and he is absolutely amazing. My only problem, I had lost 40lbs before I got pregnant and just about reached my goal. Now that I have had him, I am only a bit heavier than I was at the beginning but this stupid jelly belly is a monster!!! I am 5'6 and currently weigh 145lbs. It doesn't look right. So now in order to look as good as I did before, I will have to lose 20lbs instead of 10. I know it hasn't been that long since I popped my kid out...I been working out like everyday for the past month. Do you have any tips for me?

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cardio is definitely one of the top ways to help with belly. I have a tiny pooch still, but it's coming off with the cardio I am doing. Make sure you are dieting good and try and cut back on table sugars.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Primal Blueprint/some cardio
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Time :-) More time. And lower body fat percentage.
    If you're still not happy.... just look at your beautiful little boy and be sure to remind him of what he did to your tummy, lol.
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    Definitely cardio! It works bunch of muscles at the same time and burns a lot of calories. It really tones your body, instead of just kicking off the pounds, you know. But take it easy though! You just had a kid, your body needs time to recover from that
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Time :-) More time.

I agree. more time. "They" say it takes 9 months to get your body back to pre-baby shape. I say keep doing what you are doing, and give yourself 6 months. Even though you don't have a baby in there, it takes 6 months for your uterus to shrink back to it's original size.

other than that, cardio and cutting sugar and fat.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. It will do WONDERS for your abs and core. I'm rock solid now after having a baby, thanks to that DVD. Do it diligently and you won't be disappointed.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Time :-) More time. And lower body fat percentage.
    If you're still not happy.... just look at your beautiful little boy and be sure to remind him of what he did to your tummy, lol.
    ITA!! 9 months on 9 months off is the old adage! So don't get frustrated, your body needs to take its time getting back where it was. Remember, all of your organs were squished into different places, so everything has to slowly move back. I have had three kids and have a flat belly, so I think you will be able to do it :smile: , but don't force it. Congrats on the baby (my Grandfather's name actually!), and congrats on losing the 40lbs prior!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    hey Jennifer! welcome :) i would recommend crucnhes and pilates for your core :) also cutting down the fat in your diet might help! if you need some extra support feel free to friend me :) and good luck to you