rough week for me

Options
I worked 10 hour days. Then had a mountain trip with my mother-in-law, a fried chicken event at my church.
Today went to look at wedding beach spots and out to dinner with son, his fiance and future in-laws.
I have not been able to exercise as much and ate more than normal.
I'm sure i have gained weight this week.

UUGGGHHHHHHH Hope the next week is better.

Replies

• imeldita15
    imeldita15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am in the same boat. I did terrible this week. We had a celebration for our bosses, ate junk, went to costco and ate two huge slices of pizza, half a churro and I drink, ate in n out, jack in the box, two tacos and super nachos from a mexican restaurant and today fried fish. How depressing! I am actually realizing as I'm typing this, really how badly I have eaten. I'm over it! Back to insanity and healthy eating!
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I think we all have that kind of week every now and again, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've had quite a few weeks that happened to be like that with everything going on at once but I think overall they haven't made a huge difference in my progress over the long term. The key is just to get right back at it as soon as possible and carry on as normal.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who is on their 3rd (and finally successful) go-around: Don't let this get to you. Get back to your eating and exercise habits asap. If you can, take a 30 minute walk, do it--if for no other reason than to make yourself feel as though you have some control again. Don't stop. Don't beat on yourself. Don't throw your hands up in the air. Do try to take it one meal at a time. Do take a deep breath. Do take a walk. Do make a plan. Do keep going.

We all have bad weeks. Bad weeks don't matter. It's what we do after those bad weeks that matters.

Hang in there!

:flowerforyou:
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. It does help to know I'm not in the boat alone.
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    We've all been there - just remember it did not go on in a week the first time round and therefore it will not go back on in a week just because life happened. Keep going and know that you will get there in the end. :flowerforyou:
  • DrLainey
    DrLainey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think you well have gained weight. All that walking and hill climbing will make up for the lost elliptical time.
  • StacySwi
    Options
    Take it from someone who is on their 3rd (and finally successful) go-around: Don't let this get to you. Get back to your eating and exercise habits asap. If you can, take a 30 minute walk, do it--if for no other reason than to make yourself feel as though you have some control again. Don't stop. Don't beat on yourself. Don't throw your hands up in the air. Do try to take it one meal at a time. Do take a deep breath. Do take a walk. Do make a plan. Do keep going.

We all have bad weeks. Bad weeks don't matter. It's what we do after those bad weeks that matters.

Hang in there!

Thank you, I have also been struggling the past few weeks and tend to be very hard on myself! I use to be a Weight Watchers leader so my brain says, I know what I would tell my class but why can't I do it myself. Sometimes I just need to remember to breathe!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Breathe you probably didn't gain and a week at or around maintenance is actually sometimes a good thing. Life happens and it is simply a small bump not a wall. Enjoy the moment don't worry too much. Then go back to your deficit and exercise as soon as life permits.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You're looking at it all wrong.

You just had a great week full of events with people you love.

What's a head of you is a week when you'll work your *kitten* off to make sure you keep up with your goals.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! We all have bad days, weeks, months...years, even. All that matters is that you get back to what you need to do. Shrug it off, and try to do better next time. We've all been there. Don't sweat it!
  • Queendom
    Queendom Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Hang in there!

Thank you, I have also been struggling the past few weeks and tend to be very hard on myself! I use to be a Weight Watchers leader so my brain says, I know what I would tell my class but why can't I do it myself. Sometimes I just need to remember to breathe!

From someone who also has had a rough week and a half THANK YOU for this post. It is encouraging to know you are not out there by yourself and someone else is going through too!!! :wink:
  • ldarlener
    ldarlener Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your comment. You are right. I didn't have a rough week. I had a great week. And I actually lost 1/2 lb.
    You made my day. Thank you again.