I'm back after 4 months, and a 8 pound gain

Options
So I started here at the beginning of the year like so many people did and I dropped 31 pounds even though my goal was 60. I got kind of cocky and thought I didn't need this site anymore. Everyone was talking about how great I was looking and so, I just stopped logging my food and workouts and that slowly turned into not caring what I was eating and back to not working out at all.

Needless to say, I gained back 8 pounds. My fiancee and kids have noticed it and pointed it out, and I cannot help feeling like I have disappointed them considering that I was doing so well before. So, here I am back to start over. Please take my back MFP I will never leave you again!!!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens I did something similar which is why it says I started in 2012 when I first started in 2010. The important thing is that you are back and ready to move forward. Welcome back. :bigsmile:
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I identify with your first paragraph completely! I've gained and lost gained and lost and now back again. All the best for success on your return to MFP.
  • rebeccacantrell03
    rebeccacantrell03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I am no stranger to falling off the wagon. I am really trying to stay on it this time as well, but I am new to MFP. It seems to be helpful and I am hoping to be here for the long haul.
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ah just another hiccup!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it is necessarily cocky as it is maybe believing we have it under control. Myself, I stopped the gym for out door workouts, which became fewer and fewer until eventually not working out at all. I kept eating fairly well but admitedly enjoyed more cocktails and drinking than usual for me. The gatherings and cocktails not visible on the scale were very visible in my lab results :( Back to the basics for me :frown:
  • sassyfrass9
    sassyfrass9 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I had lost 35 lbs and was within 10 lbs of my goal so I stopped logging. I started back to college plus working full time and told myself I didn't have time to work out. Couple that with eating poorly again and I have gained between 10 to 15 lbs back in the past 4 months, depending on the day. I have been back in school for 2 to 3 months now and feel like I can schedule time for exercise and am starting over today with logging and eating right. I now have 20 lbs to lose to be at goal but we can do this!!
  • mbelle97
    mbelle97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I could have wrote this myself. Same goals and same gain!! Lets Do This!!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way, you fell off, recognized what was going on, and now you've climbed back on. That's a huge accomplishment right there! I've fallen off and gotten back on a few times now. You'll lose those 6 pounds before you know it!
  • enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Happens to the best of us. The main thing is that you are getting back on and doing something about. That is a major accomplishment right there. Good luck to you and you can add me if you would like some motivation and support.:happy:
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! :smile:
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I am back to logging in hopes of the scales going down again. I have about 60 or so lbs to go..... For some crazy reason, the fact that I could fit into smaller clothes and see a difference worked the opposite of what makes sense.
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is I just started back today after 3 - 4 months away. I felt the same way you did and now I've gained back the majority of what I lost. Best of luck to you, hopefully we all reach our goals!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Glad you are getting back on track!! It takes full dedication!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    First of all, aksmitty - GO BIG BLUE!

Second of all, OP, at least you're doing something about it now while it's a small weight gain instead of sticking your head into the sand while denying there's NO weight gain. Welcome back, and keep at it. We all have moments. I lost 92 pounds, got a new boyfriend, gained back 50, lost 60 - got comfortable, gained back 15. Now I've lost that 15, and I'm still working at keeping it off. We're no strangers to the game, it's how we play it that counts. :)
  • bobbinj11
    Options
    Same here. We are surrounded by so much food and we are human. Did the same as you....starting today again! Let's do this together. Keep posting and we'll all support each other!
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and get moving. This has happen to me so many times.
  • SSims2Blessed
    SSims2Blessed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done the same....twice!!! I am trying to get back into MFP...again. Just keep going and don't give up.
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    BBN is everywhere :smile:
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Get up, dust off the "I cant do it wagon," and LETS GET IT!