Need some new friends

Options
TS3g
TS3g Posts: 74 Member
Hello all, my name is Tyler, and I'm in need of some new friends (that sounded a little like a self help intro.....hmmmm). I only have a few friends now, and only one of them acknowledges my existence. Over the past two years I lost a little over 70 pounds, then a few months ago, I decided I had lost enough and tried and bulk up a little. Instead of building muscle, I fell off the horse completely and put about 15 pounds of fat back on. I'm back on the horse for now, but am struggling to stay motivated due to no interaction amongst my so called friends on here, and absolutely no support in real life. But anywho, that's my sob story, and even if you don't want to add me, thanks for looking,

Replies

• rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Added! good luck, support really makes the difference. Stick at it(:
  • NewGoalsInMind
    Options
    Hello Tyler. Congrats on doing a fantastic job the first time and best of luck this time around. It's tough do do this alone at times and sucks when your're on a site for support and your "friends" don't do much of it. Hope this post brings you lots of new friends! You did it before and can definitely do it again! I'm active on MFP and in supporting my Pals, will send a request. = )
  • SKWOregon
    Options
    Hi Tyler - my name is Sharon - I started MFP almost 2 years ago - lost a little over 50 pounds in about 6 months and then no matter what I did - was stuck. Here comes my sob story...so then I fell off that horse - had some life challenges, work got crazy blah, blah. I have put back on what I lost and then some - but I am ready to start again. I had friends out here - many with more drama than I cared to listen to. Not here to listen to wife/husband/mom issues. Here to share what works for me, fitness thoughts and food that I find along the way that is healthy and good. Goal is to drop 100 pounds by 7/1/14. Good to meet you.
  • nmidwood13
    nmidwood13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey TS3G,
    I tend to get on and off the Horse from time to time as well. I to am trying to get back on and stay on so I understand what you're talking about.

Lets give each other a shot. Honestly, I have found this site works really well when you are willing to commit to it tracking food and responding to friends.

Here's a little about me. Have always struggled with my weight. In comparison to some, I probably don't have a weight issue but in reality I'm really the only one who can make that call, right? My 20 pounds means as much to me as some people's 100 pounds or your 70. I'm a junk food eater so I try to keep that in check and I try to tell myself it's about moderation not deprivation. I love walking and do it a lot. It's a big part of my weight loss/maintenance.

Again, I have found that when I'm on this site, I do my best.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • hopeinmn
    hopeinmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler - I'll send you a friend request. I'm on here daily and I also appreciate acknowledgement (don't we all!). Anyone else also feel free to add me. I appreciate open diaries for feedback:smile:
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tyler,

Lost 64 so far as well. Looking to lose another 16 then the hard part.. staying on the horse. feel free to add me if you like.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Giddy up! Let's ride!:bigsmile:
  • ttconn
    ttconn Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Tyler. Congrats I know you will reach your goal.....friend request sent
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hey Tyler! I am very active on MFP and I log in daily. I am very supportive of my pals. I believe that mutual support and encouragements is important along this weight loss journey. I have sent you a Friend request.
  • squekrs
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new on the pc site for this as I don't have a smartphone, but I will add you as a friend! We'll help you reach your goal!! :smile:
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    Added you! I need motivating friends also! :)
  • jobooboo1
    Options
    we all need a little support now and then. I need some motivation too!!!!
  • Stacmont2
    Stacmont2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE, MY NAME IS STACEY. I NEED FRIENDS AND SUPPORT FOR MY WGHT LOSS. MAKES IT EASIER WHEN IT A GROUP OF PPL RATHER THAN JUST ME FIGHTING WITH MYSELF ABOUT WHAT EAT AND WHEN I DONT WORK OUT. HEEEEELPPP!!!!!! I STARTED USING THIS APP A FEW MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS GOING WELL, I LOST 10 LBS AND WELL I GAINED IT BACK... RIGHT NOW I HAVE NO MOTIVATION. PLEASE ADD ME IF YOU CAN HELP. THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK
  • Mikeys_Girl
    Options
    Hello Tyler! My name is Tonya, Congrats on your loss! I know you will do this again from the looks of it you will be getting lots of support :) I have been on this site since June and I have the worst luck finding supportive friends. I am on daily and I am supportive to those who support me. Congrats on your loss, and I know you will do this again from the looks of it you will be getting lots of support :)
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sent the request...