Serious this time

Options
I am 26 and weigh 265 and I refuse to have to buy a bigger size. i have been a siz 20 since jr high and enough is enough. Im married and want a child and i cant and i believe my weight has a lot to do with it. I know my medications dont help...which if i was more fit i wouldnt need. I tried to diet this summer and did good for about two months, had a bad weekend then stopped counting. I am depressed and not happy with myself and it all needs to change. My whole life needs to change.

I am doing this for me!!

But also my parents were never the best "fit" example and my mom is ready to lose weight too and she had the idea of a contest between her and i to see who can lose the most weight by christmas.

Then my husband and i are competing to see if i can lose 50 lb before he quits smoking. Winner gets to pick out the bedroom flooring. (i want hardwood he wants shag carpet)

Replies

• p33nser
    Options
    I know the heartache of wanting children and your body not allowing it. With my obesity, my estrogen levels are through the roof and I have had bouts with Endometrial Hyperplasia with A typia, I don't even ovulate anymore, and they tell me it has pretty much everything to do with my weight.

It sounds like you have a lot of great motivations to help you get to your goal. I like the contests you have going -- Talk about a way to keep motivated! I'm glad you made the decision to do this, and I wish you the best of luck. When you are struggling, reach out. Either on here, or to your hubby or mom. Somebody who can understand the struggle to let go of things you are addicted to. They are the best motivators to have!
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Just remember - this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Change the way you are going to eat for the rest of your life, and change the way you are going to raise your children to eat. The biggest step for me was learning portion control - just keep counting!
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gena,

I'm with you on being serious. i had a conversation with myself on my way into work this morning and I realized there's a shift in my commitment this time, it's going to happen. After getting on the scale this morning I realized I no longer have choice, I have to do this for myself, i want to be healthy and in turn I will be happy! I'm so disgusted with myself. I've fought my weight since I was in my late 20's and have been all over the place. I have been up to 210 pounds, size 18 down to 124 pounds and a size 4. Now I'm back at 190 pounds. I am focused on eating healthy clean food and exercising. I'm starting the Jillian Michael's 30 days shred today. I just marked off 30 days on my calendar. I figured if I take this in 30 day segments and have goals for those 30 days then instead of getting focused on losing one or two pounds a week, I'm going to focus on 30 day increments and the successes within those 30 days. I too want to make some great progess before Christmas! i don't want to look at pictures again from the holidays and see myself at this weight! Feel free to add me as friend, I'd love to be there to encourage, motivate, and for the accountability! :happy:
  • genadavis12
    Options
    I was doing good for a couple months and now ive gained it all back and stopped tracking. I feel so defeated.