I RAN!

Options
13»

Replies

• Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and yes agree you are definitely a runner !!

16 months ago I couldn't walk from one end of my kids school to the other without being puffed, and it's not a big school. Now I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon. I'm pretty stocked about that.

It's a fantastic feeling to know where you've come from to where you are now. Well done to you????????????
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and yes agree you are definitely a runner !!

16 months ago I couldn't walk from one end of my kids school to the other without being puffed, and it's not a big school. Now I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon. I'm pretty stocked about that.

It's a fantastic feeling to know where you've come from to where you are now. Well done to you????????????

A 1/2 marathon!?!? Wow...maybe someday..that's awesome!!! You should be wicked proud of yourself!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good on you :) And I can kind of relate - I was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition about five years ago, and four years ago I was sick of being stuck in this doughy, flabby body and began to walk on the beach every day, starting at 20 minutes and working my way up to an hour and a half. I had to work through a lot of fear surrounding exercise, so raising my heart rate even a little terrified me. But one day, when the tide was way out, my body just screamed at me to run... and I did. Magical feeling :) I'm gradually getting into running in a more structured way now, and I can feel my fitness improving. Life is good!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    That's awesome for you! Hope you are able to reach your goal very, very soon.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! 7 months ago I was the synical person that made fun of runers. Then one night while walking the good Lord told me to run, I made it 90 seconds...and was hooked. Fast forward to present day and my husband and I are training for our first half marathon!

Congratulations on your first run...it's very contagious lol
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Good on you :) And I can kind of relate - I was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition about five years ago, and four years ago I was sick of being stuck in this doughy, flabby body and began to walk on the beach every day, starting at 20 minutes and working my way up to an hour and a half. I had to work through a lot of fear surrounding exercise, so raising my heart rate even a little terrified me. But one day, when the tide was way out, my body just screamed at me to run... and I did. Magical feeling :) I'm gradually getting into running in a more structured way now, and I can feel my fitness improving. Life is good!

YES!! That!!! That right there.....so much fear around it, and now I have worked my way through it. YOU ROCK!
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That's how you start!!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Check out c25k. :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Check out c25k. :)

I have heard many good things about that program. It worked for my ex very well. I may try it out, have to talk to my Doctor first....though if I always listened to my Doctor I would still be at a "can't walk for 20 minutes" place in life!
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As you should be VERY proud of yourself!!! Great milestone!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hooorayyy! :drinker:
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

YES!! That!!! That right there.....so much fear around it, and now I have worked my way through it. YOU ROCK!

No, **WE** rock :):)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options

No, **WE** rock :):)

This just made me cry, but in an awesome way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!