Strange, Cashew butter?

Options
The label says 180 cals per 30 grams. When I measure it with a tbsp. on my scale 30 g= 1 tbsp. All of the nutrition info on here and other sites says that 30g= 2 tbsp. I'm guessing I should just go by my scale. Input?

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Personally, I always go with the scale measurement. I find that lots of times the two measurements on the bag don't match up. For example: a package of fries said 30 pieces or x amount of grams, once measured on the scale the gram amount actually ='d to 15 pieces. Right there, if I had just counted, I would have eaten a double portion.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you why it is coming out to 1 tbsp instead of 2, but when it comes to nut butters (and most other things, but ESPECIALLY nut butters), I ALWAYS go by my scale...
  • Shateyn
    Shateyn Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah, usually I don't stress over it but 1 vs. 2 tbsp. of cashew butter in particular can make quite a difference. Scale it is.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well this would explain why I never get the actual number of servings it says I should get in a container of peanut butter!
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    Don't mix your weight measurements (grams, ounces) with volume measurements (tbsp, cups, etc).

Hit your local kitchen store (or garage sales) for a nice kitchen scale and weigh everything.