Intermitten Fasting Diet

Options
Hi everyone. I´m just starting my first day of IF Diet 5-2. Anyone using this Diet with a Success Story? Any ideas to get better results?

Best regards

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in vs out. Meal timing and what you eat are both irrelevent as long as you eat enough at a deficit and get all your macros in.

The way you choose to eat is all up to you
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Have a search in Groups - I know there is at least one group dedicated to the 5:2 plan where you'll find lots of people following that regimen.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in vs out. Meal timing and what you eat are both irrelevent as long as you eat enough at a deficit and get all your macros in.

This.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

Come and join us over here! Lots of useful tips, advice and support to be had.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

If this was true, I would weigh far less than I weigh now. There's more to it than calories in/out, at least for some people.
  • forbessw
    forbessw Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get support here not dieting advice. IF works great for some people others not so much. Basically whatever diet users here are on they think its the best thing ever and anything else is craziness followed by 30 responses supporting or denying it.
  • rjobel
    rjobel Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your replies...I will join the 5:2 Group. Hope this one works for me.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I found this didn't work for me. I got so hungry on the fast days that I just lost control and overate. I also tried the intermittent fasting doing 10 hours on/14 hours off. Didn't work for the same reason. It kind of derailed my whole plan.

I'm sure you'll find lots of information in the 5:2 group. Good luck to you!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I do know of someone who is not on MFP, but does the 5:2 plan BUT not 2 low cal days in a row, say do Monday and Thursday, etc. Has worked for her.