Hello everybody I just signed up last night.

Options
Ok I did it. a friend told me about this site Saturday so I decided to try it and signed up Sunday night. So far I like that it holds me accountable and its private -- no meetings to attend.

I lost alot of weight several years back and was maintaining that loss, but got married 2 1/2 years ago. Three pregancies in this time (two miscarriages and one wonderful little boy) has definately added the weight on. I was on bed rest for 4 months before giving birth and had to have an emegency appendectomy followed by emergency cecearean an hour later so there was no way to exercise for 3 months post op. I am heavier now than I ever was.

It seems life keeps getting in the way. Although my son is almost two, i still haven't started exercising regularly. I move in Jan and broke my foot in Feb and it seems like life is just starting to get back to normal.

My birthday is this month and i decided no matter what this month I am begining my new "healthy regimen". That's my birthday gift to myself. Most of my friends are thin so there's no one to diet with and they don't understand what i am going thru. (My husbands overweight but he's happy the way he is and doesn't care if he looses weight.) So i'm hoping this web sight will help me stay on track.

Wish me luck!:happy:

jamie

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    good luck and please feel free to add me as a friend....i am more than happy to push you along on your journey...welcome to a wonderful place...
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Welcome. I am also pretty new, signed on in September and so far lost about 9lbs! I am also carrying a lot of post baby weight (my son is 9 months)
    The best thing about this - it is not a diet. You can pick and choose what and how and when you eat - as long as you are eating your calories and not more.
    I am not even bothering with exercise yet - although I occassionally log walks I take with my son in the stroller. I just don't want to take on too much too soon.
    The only thing I do every day is 3 repettions of 7 sit ups (they are getting easier now so I am thinking of uping that to 10).

Good luck and take it nice and easy!
  • meganlynn1984
    meganlynn1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome!! Your weight loss + gain experience sounds sorta like mine....and let me tell you, this site is very helpful!! People are encouraging, motivating, and the website itself is easy to use and holds you accountable. If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so. Good luck on your weight loss journey!! P.S. My hubby just signed up on this website yesterday and is starting a new diet today...after seeing my success (8 weeks on MFP so far), he has joined in! So maybe your hubby will come around too, and then you will have a diet partner that can help you each day!
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jamie,

So glad you're here and you just gave yourself the best birthday present ever.... a new start to a healthier, happier you. This site is fantastic I love it, and I can't say enough good things about it. You will have an amazing journey and read about other peoples journeys which will encourage you to stay on task. Good luck on your journey with us. We are here if you need us, and who doesn't need friends. I am sending you a friends request if you want to be friends. Sheila
  • amccabe110
    amccabe110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new to the site too, and very new at tracking calories! The site's been so helpful,and anytime I have a question posted-I get answers so quickly! Feel free to add me as a friend as well....
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on the journey. It is not easy but will be worth it in end. I decided enough was enough a month ago when a size twenty dress would not go on me without removing a few ribs. Dress was poorly sized mind you as my size 14 pal just managed to Zip it up which cheered me up a bit. Was introduced to Diet Chef which suitsmy lifestyle and rejoined a gym. This site is excellent for managing calories and exercise and everyone is very supportive. Feel free to add me (still have about 4stone to lose)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Good luck jamie... it is quite a present you have gotten yourself!
  • jcrabsan
    Options
    thanks so much for the welcome! You've done great with your weight loss I hope I'll get there to!
  • xxkayla2010
    Options
    :heart: :heart: hi all im new just joined up my aim is to fit into my wedding dress
    i get married in 8 months time
    my name is michaela and i have a 3 yr old boy
    please add me as a friend
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie! Your journey sounds a little like mine... It took me a long time to get serious about losing weight after I had my daughter. It's hard but you can do it!!! Good Luck!