College students/young people

Options
Since school has started back, I haven't been as active on MFP as I used to and I haven't been working out and eating as healthy as I did during the summer. My 21st birthday is in December, so I'm starting to get serious about my fitness/diet...it's just hard being a college student and having to resist~ the temptation of going to parties every night and actually cooking healthy (today was proof of that.)

I figured I wasn't getting the full MFP experience because I don't usually add people as friends, but I'm trying to change my entire lifestyle so support is definitely needed.

If you're a college student/young person and want to connect for motivation, feel free to add me.

Replies

• Chlahruh
    Options
    Added you :) I go to university in Australia, but we can still keep each other psyched up for exercise and healthy eating!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I haven't been quite as active on MFP either this past week due to midterms but it's almost over. I exercise a lot and am in my last year of college and planning on grad after that.

Feel free to add me as well.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school, but my schedule's also been pretty insane, and I'm looking to get back on track.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Undergrad here! My schedule has left me an antisocial person :( Luckily it doesn't take too long to log calories with MFP! :)
  • Carissa145
    Carissa145 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    second semester freshman here! I'll add you :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    college is too much fun to let it pass you by..

dont become a social outcast or a shut in
  • lannasster
    Options
    college is too much fun to let it pass you by..

dont become a social outcast or a shut in

I would NEVER become a social outcast or shut in. Just trying to find a "healthy" balance.
  • chelseac1014
    chelseac1014 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I added you!
  • ThinHealthySexy
    ThinHealthySexy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the whole college eating habits thing. And pizza will be the death of me!

You can add me, if you like :smile:
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    it is hard to find the balance in college. When I was trying to be a workout nazi and eat super healthy on top of my heavy workload I was miserable and when I was not exercising and eating right I was miserable. I may not be shedding pounds like crazy but I have the medium of eating right with indulgences and working out and still getting my work done and having a social life. For me personally I have to take it slow otherwise I burn out. Add me if you like! Senior with plans to go to grad school
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I added you. College always makes it tough to keep on a schedule which is part of how you stay "successful" at a healthy lifestyle, but each day is a new day so I'm always working on it! :)
  • allisonwalt
    allisonwalt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I definitely hear you. It is so hard to keep on track with such a busy schedule. We will prevail!! You can add me as well :)
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm an old-young person. I've already graduated from grad school, and am out in the real world.

Focus on making healthy choices. If you're going out drinking at night--eat something light for dinner. Watching what you eat in college is critical!

As for working out, I tried when I was doing my undergrad and it was either workout, study, no sleep, or no workout, study, sleep. I also worked while I was in school, which made it difficult to have much free time. Try walking places instead of driving, and if you just have chapters to read, hit the treadmill and bring your book.
  • warmvanillasugar1
    warmvanillasugar1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm at the University of Waterloo! Anyone can feel free to add me, I'm on basically everyday! I love mfp :)
  • Zazoufit2014
    Zazoufit2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Same story here :) added you !
  • sandwitchrs
    Options
    In the same boat! I LOVE to exercise and I do the 45/15 method. Study for 45 minutes and exercise for 15min :)
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hello heavenly blessed beauties
  • astrophysically_fit
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm a first year grad student and I have had to come to terms with the fact that if I want going to the gym (and my health in general) to be a priority, I need to make sacrifices when it comes to study time and classes. As a grad student though, once you leave with your degree, no one cares if you get a B versus an A in a class that you took early on-- all they care about is that piece of paper and the title

Feel free to add me too!
  • dalgraham
    Options
    It's so hard not to gain weight and to be super active. I want to go out and socialize but I do need the extra calories from alcohol
  • _taylorlydia
    Options
    hi! i'm currently out of school since i just relocated, but i plan on going back. i also turn 21 in december. :drinker: anyone, feel free to add me.