Is your pet clumsy?

Options
KayLasMack
KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
Mine is!!! My feline friend decided to pretend he was a Parkour Expert, taking a full speed running jump off of my bed only to run face first into the dresser!!:huh: He's fine, but now he uses caution when trying to jump on the dresser.

Anyone else with a clumsy pet?

Replies

• Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My cat has a tendency to run into walls head first. Might explain why he's so "special."
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My dog is forever hitting his head on furniture. He gets dumber every day...
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel better now knowing that I am not the only one with a pet that has Issues:bigsmile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My dog isn't clumsy. His issue is that he is scared of EVERYTHING. It's annoying sometimes.
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    My clumsy dog head-butted me...I have a bruise on my forehead now :ohwell:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    My dog is forever hitting his head on furniture. He gets dumber every day...

Brain damage...maybe?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    One of our cats runs and jumps up on the table in the living room so fast, he often slides off, trying to hold on. My wife and I just shake our heads, laugh, and call him, "Dumba$$."
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sometimes our dog jumps straight up into the air really high, loses her balance mid-air and does crazy body twisting contortions, and then busts her butt on the floor.

She also gets a running start to jump onto the bed, jumps too low, and slams face first into the side of it.

Our cat recently fell into the toilet.

It's free entertainment I suppose.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have an English bulldog so yes...very. Makes me feel better about my own clumsiness actually.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The house I grew up in had a door you could close on the stairs and there was a low railing with a sheer drop at the top in the hallway.

We had a cat that liked to sleep right on the edge at the highest point of that sheer drop.

One day, I was sitting on the couch and heard a loud noise. I looked up to see that my cat had apparently rolled over in her sleep and fallen off the ledge. This same cat, as a kitten, would often run very fast through the house and slam her head into doorways. lol

And, no, she wasn't hurt. She lived to an injury-free 15 years.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My crazy dog tripped me during a run together...my knees were so badly bruised/scraped that I could hardly walk for about 4 days :S
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When we moved into our new house, the cat tried to jump into the closed window (he was fine). He also got lost behind the shower curtain recently and I had to let him out. And last night he somersaulted into a corner between the wall and a bookshelf while playing and was stuck on his head with his legs up in the air for a bit while we laughed.

My cat is special.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well, I have two ferrets. They are pretty much the epitome of clumsy animals :laugh:

It's amusing to watch them climb things, consider how to jump/climb where they want to be (when they clearly can't make it), then attempt to jump anyways and fall to the floor in all their bottom-heaviness. Definetly not the most gracefull of pets.

God, they're adorable :love:
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My Chiweenie tends to trip up the stairs if he gets to excited. And sometimes when he is doing "beg", he'll fall over. Hahaha. He's a special boy.
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My cat was walking on the armrest of my chair yesterday when he somehow managed to lose his balance and fell off. lol
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    My kitten gets so excited when she hears me putting food in her dish that she races from wherever she is and half the time she jumps up onto the counter (she gets fed on the bathroom counter because the dog eats it otherwise) and is going so fast that she skids across and bangs into the wall and slides off... hits the toilet and yesterday she ended up wet.

I trip over my dog all the time. He likes to park it behind me when I'm cooking.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    <<<
    Lily has no sense of personal space. I wouldn't say she's clumsy, exactly, but she's huge and has to be right up against my leg or in my lap. It makes ME look clumsy when I'm with her, having to make sure not to hurt her (as if I could! She's HUGE!).
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs, pitbull chocolate lab mix and chihuahua ****zu mix. I had got a new patio table and my boys(my dogs) were running and my little guy jumped on the bench then to the table and my big guy bumped into the table and my little one slide off the table landing on his left leg and it pushed into his pelvis. Broke his leg and shaddered his pelvis. I couldn't afford to pay the 6g's to get him fixed up so i had to surrender him. We called the human society so much to keep checing on him that they found sponsers to donate for his surgeries. Then they let us foster him because technically once you surrender an animal you cant adopt again. My big dog los 10 pounds in the 2 weeks we didnt have the other dog because he was so depressed. He actually didnt see out little dog for an additional week because I didnt want him to get too excited. When he did see him, Mojo,out little guy had to stay in a small kennel to prevent him from moving but Bundles my big guy layed next to it always. Now a year later those to buys are acting all crazy again. Clumsy, wild and bad...but Happy!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I have a bull he's so clumsy I have been banned for life from the china shop!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    my one kitty is very special like that...he is not graceful what so ever....he usually misses his mark when he jumps...he ends up stumbling and not clearing it! LOL