losing motivation lost 25 - 50 to go very slow progress

Options
Hi everyone i started this journey back in january im eating a lot better and excercising 6 days per week. today is the last day of insanity but no weight loss. i did lose inches but i guess im a little discouraged i thought i would have lost a lot more in 10 months. Anyone in the same boat that is going super slow.:-)

Replies

• apierce1991
    Options
    Hey! Don't worry about that weight! If you're doing insanity, you're working on your muscular endurance, and that adds quite a bit of muscle weight! I guarantee you burned fat, but you gained muscle in its place!

Everyone loses at different rates, and it all depends on how much you have to lose. Even if you aren't losing at this point in time, you're still taking care of yourself, and that is never something to feel discouraged about. Your body will thank you, even if it doesn't do it as soon as you would like.
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    thank you i know you are right. im gonna take the rest of this week to relax then start another round of insanity and see what the new year brings
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is a good sign so I would not worry so much about the scales. Well done for surviving Insanity - a big achievement. Healthy weight loss is a slow process (I have about 50 to go so I hear you), but lose it fast, gain it back fast. Nobody wants that. Again. Just keep on keeping on and before you know it, you'll be at your goal ;)
  • apierce1991
    Options
    Perhaps a different program would yield better results? As a rule, if something doesn't give me the boost I need, I find something that does. If you have only been doing routine based workouts, maybe you should switch to cycling? I have always been a huge fan of cycling (I have a VERY large bust, so I use the recumbent bike to reduce back pain).

If you get too bored with machine workouts, I would suggest trying dance oriented workouts like Zumba. Keep your activity more cardio oriented as opposed to endurance. Insanity is very likely to add muscle weight, and fast. If your goal is another 50 pounds of fat, insanity is probably not the best program.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

Think about lifting weights?

Do you weigh your food to ensure you are meeting your calorie goals?
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    thanks guys. I was eating around 1600 first month and 1800-1900 second month. the calculated insanity cal was abt 2200. I will try uping my intake the next round and maybe add in some weights a couple times a week.
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    I took the classes before and didnt lose anything maybe i will try again since im now trying to eat better.
  • FitFabStar
    FitFabStar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! we want the scale to move but guess what??? if you are losing inches that is awesome. I finally realized that as bad as I want the scale to move there are people who are at a healthy weight but have an unhealthy amount of body fat so try not to focus on the number... i know it's hard... go by how you look and feel! the number lowering is awesome, but what it comes down to is truly being healthy and fit. hang in there girl!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same position as you. I have 50 more pounds to lose and I'm stuck. I have recently started a personal challenge with a friend of mine who is studying fitness/nutrition and she just won a challenge at our local gym. Don't ever give up....there is a light at the end of the tunnel and as long as you stay motivated and keep your eye on the prize you will succeed!
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    thanks for that link i dont think i am eating enough since i burn abt 475 and 750 depending on the insanity workout plus i also walk a mile or more every day.
  • Barnes2510
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the support. I did my final insanity fit test last night and compared to when i started wow is all i have to say. I did great and looking a the pics showed just how much i have changed and how much fat is off my body even though i didnt drop pounds. Im gonna keep going this is a lifestyle not a diet all results will come in time.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Great mindset lady.