Women belong in the kitchen...

Options

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Long enough to cook a great meal and then a real MAN better be there to clean up my mess. :wink:
    ^^This!
    ^^ AND THIS!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Except my cats. They need to stay the hell out of the kitchen because I'm tired of tripping on them while carrying said food.

Agree.

.......................and the dogs.
    And the kids. Those little sh1ts get in my way all the time.

Ha! beat me to it. Yes, they do get in the way. Short people have no reason (to be in the kitchen)
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    First I was :angry: , then I was :love:

My thoughts exactly

That's a funny looking kitchen
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Except my cats. They need to stay the hell out of the kitchen because I'm tired of tripping on them while carrying said food.

My cat only trips me in the kitchen....she tends to leave my boyfriend alone and I don't think has ever tripped him. He's always yelling at me for stepping on her but it's her fault and he just has never done it himself.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Yes, I think they're on to something though. One is blocking, and the other one is eating as I drop said food. And they're very happy with my protein rich meals I might add. If you want to catch a cat, try the Chicken and Bacon recipe in the crock pot. Plug it in, and once it starts getting warm, PRESTO - CATS EVERYWHERE!

CHICKEN BACON WHAT!?
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Agree.

Mine are AWESOME vacuum cleaners. All I say is "oops" and I have one of 7 right behind me - no need to mop!

I can't imagine the amount of dog hair and dog slobber that would need to be swept, mopped, steam cleaned etc.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Animals in the kitchen bug me, unless I'm about to eat them.
  • TheBackStory
    Options

Agree.

Mine are AWESOME vacuum cleaners. All I say is "oops" and I have one of 7 right behind me - no need to mop!

I can't imagine the amount of dog hair and dog slobber that would need to be swept, mopped, steam cleaned etc.

My thoughts exactly!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Long enough to cook a great meal and then a real MAN better be there to clean up my mess. :wink:
    ^^This!
    ^^ AND THIS!

In our house it's the exact opposite. After making a delicious meal I tell my wife, "I can do the dishes or I can do you".
    She is more than willing to do the dishes. :wink:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Agree.

My thoughts exactly!

This is why I buy Swiffer wet pads in bulk.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    My cats know that if I'm making pasta at lunch time, odds are good that tuna will be coming soon.

I probably have the only cats in the world that have a Pavlovian reaction to the sound of pasta rattling in the box.

My cat does this with any sort of can opening sound because I use wet cat food from time to time as a treat for him so anytime I shake a soup can or a can of vegetables, oh my lord. "MOW MOW MOW MEOWWW"
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

Unless its a Chinese kitchen, then cats are more than welcome..... :noway:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Agree.

Don't they though! Geez!!!

The kitchen & bedroom are off limits to any youngins when I am in there. I like to throw down.

:bigsmile: do ya now?
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Yes, I think they're on to something though. One is blocking, and the other one is eating as I drop said food. And they're very happy with my protein rich meals I might add. If you want to catch a cat, try the Chicken and Bacon recipe in the crock pot. Plug it in, and once it starts getting warm, PRESTO - CATS EVERYWHERE!

CHICKEN BACON WHAT!?

Oh so good...don't want to take over the OP post but quickly, fry 5 pieces of bacon until crisp (crumble and set aside in the fridge). Fry the chicken (boneless skinless) in the bacon grease. Plop in to a crockpot. Add Cream of Chicken soup (I use low fat - I think the bacon grease makes up for it). Then top with fresh mushrooms (or onions - or both) and cook on low for 4-5 hours. THEN - here's the kicker, top with your favourite cheese (Havarti - delicious, so is Old Cheddar) then sprinkle the bacon bits on top. Turn to high until the cheese in melted and VOILA!! Such a comfort food.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Of course they belong in the kitchen. That's why they have smaller feet. So they can get closer to the sink and the stove.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Of course they belong in the kitchen. That's why they have smaller feet. So they can get closer to the sink and the stove.
    I just laughed so hard I snorted at that!!!! Let me guess...your grandfather told you that!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I think you kinda missed the spirit and intent of the thread...
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I belong to the kitchen, because kitchen is where all the food is..nom nom!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

YEP! Mine likes to do somersaults on my feet. He's weird.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Agree.

Ha! beat me to it. Yes, they do get in the way. Short people have no reason (to be in the kitchen)

HEY :angry: Some adults are 'short' too! But, then again, I'll be more than happy to let you cook for me. I'll be watching TV in the living room with the cats. :wink: