Getting Re-Started! Ten by Christmas Challenge?

Options

Replies

• starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get my exercise back up to par and start watching what I eat closely again.
  • christineseasman
    christineseasman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 10 pounds by christmas, not sure if I can do it though, its been slow of late coming off :(
  • AlwaysAScorpio
    Options
    I'm in a job where I sit all day also. My orthopedic doctor gave me some exercises that I can do during the day, and I take about 5 minutes every hour to do some of them (loosens up my back and neck so they don't hurt so much and the exercises are "desk friendly"). In an eight hour day, that's already 40 minutes of exercise. That hour of exercise doesn't all need to be done at once.

Also, before the weather gets too horrible, if you get an hour lunch break, carry some fruit or raw veggies and a bottle of water with you and go for a walk for 20-30 minutes. You get fresher air and away from your desk which will make you feel more awake when you go back to your desk. See if any co-workers want to go walking with you. When you have someone to talk with, the walking goes even faster.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    I am in!! I love a good challenge!! Great idea!!
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have slipped up in the last 6 months and have not been able to get myself motivated enough to lose these last 10 or so pounds.
  • stefanie5284
    stefanie5284 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    10 pounds by Christmas will put me within 5lbs of my goal weight.
  • licountrygal
    licountrygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    count me in !
  • bremorrison
    Options
    Im so in for this, although I would like to lose a little more by then, since im meeting my boyfriend of four years parents finally. I too have a desk job, and have been slacking since I havent signed up for another 5k to keep me motivated. When you sign up for a 5k and make a goal of you want to run the whole thing, you have to train for it. That being said, I started running ten minutes every morning for five days and then bumped it up another ten minutes, and before I knew it I was running fourty minutes/ 2.6 miles every morning. Which in return made me so much happier going to my boring desk job everyday, and I had so much more energy. If you can wake up thirty minutes earlier and get a small work out routine going, it will definately pay off. Good Luck to us all:)
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Was trying to decide recently what goals I wanted to set for end of year. It's getting cold and I need to start going to the gym again.
  • erinleigh1128
    erinleigh1128 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am in!
    I've got a trip planned end of January and would love to lose 10-15 lbs by then
  • andig8
    andig8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please, I'd love to be included!
  • sh4ne
    sh4ne Posts: 2
    Options
    Just getting re-started again myself... First login for over a year!
    Would like to loose 10 before Xmas and get fit for tough mudder challenge next year!

Biggest loser USA inspired me to get back on here :-)
  • MyWitchySelf
    MyWitchySelf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Time for me to get motivated to get at my goal weight before the New Year! Great idea!!:drinker:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I need to get this weight gone before that but 10 by christmas will do for me...
  • pal2323
    pal2323 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting over for the 100th time! Time to get healthy and this is a perfect way to kick me in the pants!
    Good luck
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm game, too. My weight crept up this summer, too, and I just started focus t25...
  • kawaii_spn
    kawaii_spn Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been stuck at my current weight since June and would like to start losing again. Hopefully having more of a routine now that it's fall (and not being out of town every other week), will help!
  • penne356
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I really need to get these 10 pounds off me.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Are you going to make a group for this challenge?? If you have already whats the name of it??