Eating same thing for meals

Options
belgerian
belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
My diet stays pretty consistant I enjoy the same thing pretty much every day I enjoy my oatmeal and yogurt and see no reason to change it up. Easy to make has a good combination of carbs and protein. Later in the day I may have some fruits and yogurt such as bannanas and apples with yogurt fage either 2 percent or fat free. Dinner varies a bit but not too much. Just wondering if any others diet stays pretty consistant on a regular basis.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Most people regardless of whether they're "dieting" or not tend to eat the same things over and over again...humans are creatures of habit and routine.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I eat the same food often

My take is this.. Macros are macros and micros are micros. Your body doesnt differentiate one carb from another. It may process certain foods slower, but, a carb is still a carb. The only concern is if you have micronutrient deficiencies. This should be pretty easily avoided by eating plenty of produce and varying the types of produce you eat....

If your diet is almost always virtually the same, take some time to make sure you have no micronutrient deficiencies.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    If you like it and it doesnt make you bored, eat the same thing every single day.

People say to switch things up because boredom tends to lead to cheating.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Eventually I'll get tired of a particular meal/food, and I'll try something new, but otherwise I do stay very consistent. If you're not bored and it's good food, why not?
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing every day. I change it up with new seasonings, but other than that... it's pretty much constant.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My breakfast looks pretty much the same every day (yogurt, blueberries, bran buds, whole wheat toast & PB) and I'd quite happily eat a bologna sandwich (I know, very pedestrian) most days for lunch.......
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast for almost forever. I'm still not tired of it :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Most people regardless of whether they're "dieting" or not tend to eat the same things over and over again...humans are creatures of habit and routine.

this.

I realize I truly only rotate through about 5 or 6 chicken dishes and a few other varieties.

I eat the EXACT same breakfast foods every day- I eat eggs scrambled wtih sauteed veggies in them... and then I have greek yogurt with warmed up frozen fruit and protein powder.

then whatever chicken/steak I created for dinner.
    Then fresh green pepper and a tomato around 1
    Then eggs for my afternoon snack

I vary the chicken slightly- and I either eat out with the BF when he comes for his weekend Wed night- and again usually go with steak- or we buy steak and make steak at home.

I really don't eat that much different food- and I'm quiet happy rotating through my few dishes that I like. Occasionally i get saucy with chili- or sphaghetti squash and meat sauce. And then that goes away for like 2-3 months.

then I have pizza once or twice a month

Everyone typically eats the same crap- it's just a matter of what crap it is.
  • burbacka1132
    burbacka1132 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat the same few things a lot. When I get tired of something, I'll change it up...and eat that a lot...until I get tired, and change it up. You get the idea. It's just easier and more convenient for me to do that.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My food stays the same M-F 6am to 5pm. Dinners are different and weekends are never the same. My breakfast, lunch and snacks are the same, but I do change the meat protein.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I eat the same meals throughout the week too. The flavors of things might change, but it'll be the same kind of food. I honestly don't get bored, and these meals are what made me lose weight!
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I wish. I get bored easily.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same food from week to week. I do this for 2 reasons:

a) I dont have alot of money and if I know exactly what I will be eating then i can budget properly
    b) I like the foods I eat.

I consistently lose weight and I enjoy my food. I occasionally try something different but if it aint broke yada yada
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    We are creatures of habits. The same foods will reappear, especially if they're tasty and easy to combine. I cook in bulk most of the time, so the same things will reappear throughout the week. If it's sustainable and you enjoy it, why not? Dinner tends to vary.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing quite often - part of that is I'm single and there's no cost-effective way to shop for one person and get a variety of foods without a lot of them going bad. Another part is that I'm a fairly picky eater so when I find something I like I make the most of it. Another part is that thinking is hard!!!