New girl saying hello!

Options
After searching the internet for a good forum and hearing many good things about this lovely place, I finally decided to jump in. I'm Steph, and I'm really excited to start this whole getting healthy journey with you guys. I'm from Alabama, and sweet tea is my weakness. I'm 5'3" and right around 240 lbs, which is the heaviest I've been. I've been overweight ever since I can remember, and I am so tired of being tired all the time, even over the little things.

So I moved my recliner out of my room and moved my stationary bike in, and I'm ready to do this thingy. So hello to you all, and I am super pumped to be here. I can't wait to get involved and just do some life with you guys! :)

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Alright now! *high five* Welcome aboard!
  • beginningliving
    Options
    Woo, thanks! *return high five*
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello Low "new girl" ... Im from Alabama too and although sweet tea is not my weekness ... most of the other "southern" foods are!
    Welcome aboard and a HI FIVE from me too ... (you're welcome to add me if you like)!
    Happy Weight loss!
  • beginningliving
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, fellow Alabamian! Gosh, I'm going to have a time with the fried foods and things, too. My family believes in frying all the things! haha
  • botaylor1166
    botaylor1166 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I've only been here a month and half or so but I like this site! The people are very motivating. You are welcome to add me as a friend and I will help you in any way I can!

Cheers,
    Bonnie
  • akacheer12
    Options
    Hiya! ,

I am your neighbor next door in Mississippi. I have had this account for years, but now I am making a commitment to finish my weight loss goal! I thought if I jumped on here to meet other people it would help me stay on the wagon. I have lost weight and kept that off for a few months now, So I knew a thing or two about being in the south and hitting that goal you put in your mind. Now off to my second goal! We got this!!

I am a fitness/health junkie and I would be happy to share any tips that I have learned in the kitchen, and in the gym!

Cheers
    Alesha
  • Lindsay822
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also new! Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • beginningliving
    Options
    Thank you all for being so nice and welcoming! I'm definitely adding you all. :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Im in Alabama too although I moved here from further north so never got hooked on the fried food. Feel free to add me.
  • fattymcbuttrpants
    fattymcbuttrpants Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love your positive attitude & energy!! I'm the same way & it sure helps to stay motivated!! Welcome & best wishes meeting your goals!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am in North Alabama and love me some sweet tea! ;) but I had to cut wayyyyy back on that. :D I am here for the long haul, have a long ways to go, so feel free to send me a request :)
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love this site! Feel free to add me!
  • Uhhhwut
    Uhhhwut Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh my gosh I love sweet tea so much but what helped me was changing which sweet tea I drank. It's better to have a 60 calorie sweet tea than a 100 cal one, right? lol. If you want someone who is chatty and also gives support feel free to add me. You sound fun! :)
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello from Oregon. :)
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Come on aboard, let's do this. Feel free to add me. Having lived in Anniston I consider myself an honorary Alabamian.
    Roll Tide.
  • DanielleLisa222
    DanielleLisa222 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello From Long Island :)
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Aloha, Steph!!!!

Welcome and feel free to add me, as well. I'm also 5'3" but currently weigh a bit more than you do...there are also groups focusing on us shorties if you're interested...nose around - there's a wealth of information here!
  • beginningliving
    Options
    I am going to have to find a less calorific version of the sweet tea I drink now, because that stuff is loaded with the sugar, no doubt about it, haha. And I am definitely going to check out that group about the shortnesses!
    Thank you guys for being so awesome and helpful. If this is my first day, I cannot wait to see how the rest are going to be!
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Love your upbeat attitude Seph! :) Good luck on your goals, i would bet on ya! Feel free to add me anyone that could use a positive, encouraging friend :)