how to get macros?

Options
I am eating vegetarian for another 2 weeks for religious reasons. I will open my diary. How do you get to your macros? I ate an apple and a banana - my sugar limit for the day is up. I guess it doesn't matter If you dont hit the carbs, but how to get proteins and not go over sugar?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Right now most of your protein seems to be nuts and nut butters. Try adding more veggie friendly protein sources to your diet. Tofu, eggs, quinoa, edamame, eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt.

Unless you have a medical reason to do so, I wouldn't worry too much about your sugar.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you. May be I should remove sugar from my macros.
  • Sueiscrafty
    Options
    I don't have anything but Protein, Carbs and Fats listed for my macro's. The sugar and salt really threw me for a loop, and my personal trainer said to only worry about those three and the rest would settle out. That doesn't mean that I eat a lot of sugary things though, I don't add any sugar or salt to anything anymore.

Sue
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you. May be I should remove sugar from my macros.

Unless you have a health condition the requires monitoring your sugar, it should be safe to focus on your other macros.