Why you should give up your eating disorder!

Options
This basically sums it up! Been avoiding facing the reality of my eating disorder for so long..but it all came out tonight.
http://freedomhunger.blogspot.com/2013/10/reality-and-costs-of-ed.html

Now I just hope I can get back on the road to recovery..

Replies

• maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweet Jess!! What a brave young woman you are! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Blessings on your recovery!
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    so happy for you. when i was younger i , too, had an ed was in the hospital many times. the last time if i didn't sign myself in they ( the doctors ) were going to put me in so i wouldn't have any control over what happened to me. it was hard and i hated every second of it. but i did it. over these many, many years it has raised it's head have had down falls ( but not to far!) i have to be caeful not to fall in it's trap for at times i still want to be back at 70 lbs!! gets stronger when i'm under a lot of stress for then i really have to make / remind myself to eat. stay strong !!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    That's a big step you've taken, recognizing that you need overcome it! Great job, keep going! (:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i wish you well.:flowerforyou:
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Y'know what....you're a rockstar! :glasses:

I'm sorry you struggle with ED, but am so proud of your will to be healthy.

Thank you for sharing such a candid account of what you go through and why it isn't as perfect or as wonderful as ED glamorizes it to be :heart:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Bump. .. ♥
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    WOW you are amazing! You'll have a whole slew of people rooting for your success :flowerforyou: wishing you a healthy happy life
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm not a rockstar or anyone special. Just an ordinary girl with an ED but with the courage God has given me to share my story. I am trying to get more followers to my blog bc it inspires me to write. So please share my link bc I want to help others through my recovery process. So I have a reason to fight. And I'm thinking of ending my relapse tom.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I loved this post; thank you!
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    No problem...posting follow up one today hopefully...
  • SpeakToAmanda
    Options
    Commenting to save - I am battling mine too.
  • almostperfect1on
    Options
    This is inspiring. I used to have EDNOS, and am now considered fully recovered. There are so many reasons why you should go on the journey to recovery. It's like climbing a mountain. You will slip and fall sometimes, but you can keep going.

It's so worth it in the end. You're happier, and can live life.
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Today is the day I chose to recover. More on blog
    http://freedomhunger.blogspot.com/2013/10/wiaw-first-bite-of-recovery.html
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    stick with it. keep eating those bagels! lots of us are rooting for you.

:drinker: