reviewing my "journey"

Options
so i have been on this journey since January 1, 2008 (my daughter/2nd child, was 3.5 months old)....i started at 253.8 - blahhhh almost 254lbs - not my all time highest of 263 after my son/1st child - but high a freaking nuf.....i was looking at my losses from year to year since....

started on 1/1/08 @ 253.8lbs
on 1/3/09 - i was 230.6 - down 23.2 lbs in a 2008
on 1/10/10 - i was 223.6 - down 7lbs in 2009
currently i am at 205.8 - down another 17.8lbs so far this year

my goal for 1/1/11 is 196.4 which would be another 9.4lbs for a total loss since i started 3 years ago of ......57.4lbs and i wont be done yet.....i have decided my "final" goal will be 153.8 - total of 100lbs lost.....i may adjust up or down accordingly once i get closer to that goal.....right now my eye is on 204.4 for November 6th......i can do it...i will do it.....this is it!!!!!!

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing and I hope you accept my request to add you as a friend because I am a fellow "slow loser" - don't see many of us around :)

I'm taking this slow and steady and am committed for the long haul. Thanks for giving me an example of what that means - success :)
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! I'm fellow "slow loser" as well, though I've recently joined the journey. Since 05/01/10, I've lost 20.6 pounds. I'm pushing to see a total 34 pounds lost by 01/01/11, but we'll see. :)
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In a day in age where peoples lose their minds if they only lose 10 pounds in a month, I found both your story and your food diary to be refreshing. Your journal reads as someone who still enjoys her life... still eats a few sinful foods... but does so in moderation.. And I love that you still maintain your focus despite the journey taking some 2-3 years so far. Everyone seems to be in such a hurry... They are so quick to assume that there is something personally wrong with them if they don`t make immediate progress... or if it slows for even a short period of time....You just seem to be the turtle who wins the race. And I suspect that as you approach 200 your progress will accelerate. I also expect you`re that person who will easily maintain her loss for life..

Congrats to you...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

started on 1/1/08 @ 253.8lbs
    on 1/3/09 - i was 230.6 - down 23.2 lbs in a 2008
    on 1/10/10 - i was 223.6 - down 7lbs in 2009
    currently i am at 205.8 - down another 17.8lbs so far this year

ps...the old me would have been PISSED at only losing 7lbs in 2009 but the new me knows it was part of a process....of course i'd love to be further along than i am but seriously, i'm happy with my losses and the level of fitness i have right now.....i completed a 1/2 marathon this past january (after "only" losing 7lbs in 09) in about 3hrs and 30 mins....and am currently training to RUN a 5k in the very near future......the fact that i ran 2.5miles on sunday and 2 miles yesterday without stopping amazes me way more than the weight i have lost....i love my new life and will continue on this path until the end of time...this time it is for life...this is not a diet or a program to follow to lose weight, this is about changing who i am to become the better me FOREVER!!!!

pps...thanks for reading my stuff...
  • jcrabsan
    Options
    You're right you can do it -- you've come this far and are so close. That's wonderful.