Zumba Fitness!

Options
Just discovered a studio near my job that also teaches some hip hop, body pump, and insanity classes. I'm getting bored of the other types of cardio that I do, so I'm looking to try something different. Questions for people who do it or have tried it:

Is an hour of Zumba a great cardio workout?
How often do you go weekly?
Etc.

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Zumba for an hour is a great workout. Lots of sweat, lots of steps, lots of fun.

I used to go 2-3 times a week.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have a pal that just started zumba & she is done 8 pounds already.....:drinker:
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic with the right instructor! I can burn anywhere from 400 to 700 calories in an hour. Each instructor has their own style and music so you may have to visit a few to figure out which you like :) I LOVE zumba , I have a favorite teacher though and others cant compare! Since Ive had to switch gyms I go 2 times a week , and this is also best for my body , the floor is sticky and my knees and joints were suffering (I like to run too much to chance it). My abs are hard from the zumba latin dances. You really get out of it what you put in , so make sure your abs stay tight and you use your core for the latin songs! I think if you like to dance you will love zumba! Have fun!
  • percypat
    Options
    I'm an instructor so unashamedly biased ... But yes, it's a great cardio workout if you are prepared to work it when you go. I've seen people come and barely break a sweat because all their movements are tiny, the people who go big and practice full range of motion in all the moves walk out looking like they've been dunked in a pool!

I teach twice a week and have just started attending another class a week as a student. When I discovered Zumba I ended up doing about 7 classes a week! I loved it that much. It was the first form of exercise I found that I enjoyed enough to stick with and with the fitness I gained I was able to branch off into other formats and enjoy them too.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have the Zumba bug. I go 4 times a week for an hr. I average between 650-780 calories a workout. It's really fun. It takes a while until you get the latin moves down, but once you do...its a blast.