why did I feel so full now hungry? I thought I ate a lot!

Options
Thanks for reading!
So my food note for today is that having a little sake with dinner(I rarely eat) played some role in eating more well to the point that I was unusually full upon finishing a sashimi meal as generously served (tuna, redsnapper, shrimp, flounder, one squid piece and octopus with plain vegetables and ginger). That was about 4 hours ago maybe less.

So why do I feel like eating again? I have no clue!! For all I know (no scales were used by me and for all I know it could have been much more calories consumed (I think I underestimate last time tracked salmon roe as 20cals what said on a couple websites have since read its 70). So here's something close......

what do you think? why did I feel so full now hungry? Is there any chance my body actually needs more food tonight or am I just having a sweet tooth? What I would eat is plain greek yogurt and berries. I do have a sweet tooth so I have self doubt but I also have hypoglycemia and usually have a snack before bed. But I didn't today cause so full until now when body says eat! But I don't know if I actually need it and then will have to stay up a little longer to digest.

Yes I would be grateful for your thoughts shared experience if you can relate, insight, expertise, all that good stuff! Thank you

Breakfast
Dunkin Donuts - Blueberry Coffee, Medium, Black, 10 oz
Lunch
Dole - Shredded Carrots, 0.75 oz
Sushi - Ginger, 1 order
Generic - Sashimi - Bluefin Tuna (Maguro), 2.67 oz
Broccoli - Steamed Broccoli , 0.33 cup
Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 4 cup shredded
Sashimi - Hamachi/Buri (Yellowtail), 1.88 oz (piece)
Generic - Sushifaq.Com - Tai sashimi (Red Sea Bream, Red Snapper ), 2.5 oz fish, no rice - Sashimi
Restaurant - Sashimi, Tako (Octopus), 1.5 oz
Sashimi - Amaebi (Sweet Shrimp), Raw, 1.33 oz

Dinner
Dole - Shredded Carrots, 0.75 oz
Sashimi - Amaebi (Sweet Shrimp), Raw, 1.25 oz
Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 4 cup shredded
Restaurant - Sashimi, Tako (Octopus), 1.5 oz
Sushi - Ginger, 1 order
Broccoli - Steamed Broccoli , 0.5 cup
Golden Corral - Steamed Spinach, 0.5 cup (214g)
Generic - Sushifaq.Com - Hirame sashimi (Flounder ), 2.5 oz fish, no rice - Sashimi
Raw - Squid, 25 g
Generic - Sushifaq.Com - Tai sashimi (Red Sea Bream, Red Snapper ), 2.25 oz fish, no rice -

Snacks
Dunkin Donuts - Blueberry Coffee, Medium, Black, 10 oz 15 2 0 0 5 0
Momokawa Organic Nigori Sake - Sake, 1.44 oz 56 0 0 0 0 0

Do you have any clue how many calories I ate today?

If I have a snack now itll be this or another type of berry:
Safeway Refreshe - Raspberry Blackberry Sparkling Water Beverage,
Blueberries (Fresh, Raw), 102 grams (6 oz)
Chobani - Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt 6oz [g],

Replies

• SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Also: I don't work out except for walking which I did for an hour in total today but my the calorie goal set for me is 800 which I moved up to 1200 but since I did that have been gaining weight. But hopefully its healthy as people say to do that 1200 thing and my metabolism will adjust but I don't in know how long.

My goal is weight loss why in this forum!

Many many thanks again
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I am not looking up all those items to tell you how many calories you ate. You're going to have to do that yourself.

I also can't tell you why you feel hungry. It may have something to do with the protein to carb ratio, or the GI index since you're hypo, but since I don't eat sushi, I'm not familiar enough to say.

However, for your snack, I definitely recommend the yogurt. It will fill you up and give you a little protein boost before bed.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Thank you!!
    I tried to figure it out myself I think each meal was about 400 calories but as I mentioned my body is not used to that much food so.....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Did you not log the food in your diary? It should tell you how much you ate.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    I did to the best of my ability but the fish pickled ginger etc portions could have weighed more and I don't know the cals of that dunkin donuts sugar free flavor shots etc. So its somewhere around 800.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    (or more).
  • Achrya
    Options
    I did to the best of my ability but the fish pickled ginger etc portions could have weighed more and I don't know the cals of that dunkin donuts sugar free flavor shots etc. So its somewhere around 800.

Well your guess is as good as what anyone here can give you; we have no more clue (less even) of the actual weight of your food than you.

And you're hungry because you ate 800 calories. I'd be hungry too.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Thank you!!
    I tried to figure it out myself I think each meal was about 400 calories but as I mentioned my body is not used to that much food I've been gaining weight so.....
  • donjessop
    donjessop Posts: 186
    Options
    Proteins have a tendency of making you feel full. Carbs/fats don't have the same satiety index as proteins do. So, the more proteins you eat the more full you will feel.

However, I noticed that your breakfast is nothing more than a coffee. Studies have shown that people who skip breakfast have a tendency of eating more food later in the day and feeling hungrier than if they had eaten something for breakfast. Shift some of your calories to breakfast (include a protein) and I think you will find that when you feel full the sensation will last longer.

As for only eating 800 calories, that is way too low a number. 1200 or more (depending upon the exercise you do during the day) is where you should be. TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) - 10% is a good, safe target to go after.
  • chisomokafor
    chisomokafor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't assume you've taken in too much calories as sea food is usually VERY healthy. however eating a total of 1200 calories with little exercise is probably why you are gaining weight. In order to lose weight you have to create a deficit. And walking for an hour would hardly give you that. Running/Jogging for 30-40 minutes would help you significantly. You eat very healthily so long weight really shouldn't be a problem for you! lol and also have your yoghurt!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't assume you've taken in too much calories as sea food is usually VERY healthy. however eating a total of 1200 calories with little exercise is probably why you are gaining weight. In order to lose weight you have to create a deficit. And walking for an hour would hardly give you that. Running/Jogging for 30-40 minutes would help you significantly. You eat very healthily so long weight really shouldn't be a problem for you! lol and also have your yoghurt!!
    Considering the average woman requires 2000 calories to maintain weight, I seriously doubt her TDEE is less than 1200 calories.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Thanks for writing! What did you mean by

"so long weight really shouldn't be a problem for you!"

Did you mean till I start loosing weight not gaining again despite consuming more calories?
    Or something else?

Ive been making an active effort to eat more protein. I used to eat more vegetables but somehow never felt as full(calories my guess).
    I have been nateous in the morning for as long as I can remember so I have never had much appetite for breakfast. I posted a quandry about that and metabolism and the consensus was it doesn't matter. But I've always wondered.
  • Achrya
    Options

Are you suggesting that 1200 calories isn't already a deficit? Because for most people it surely is.
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    Well I've been eating around 1200 for years actually before I even started this calorie counting. It wasn't intentional but I've never liked cooking and get distracted and forget about my appetite. Also I don't often have $ to buy as much of foods I enjoy as would be helpful. (I was treated today).
    So my metabolism seems to be all messed up now.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Well I've been eating around 1200 for years actually before I even started this calorie counting. It wasn't intentional but I've never liked cooking and get distracted and forget about my appetite. Also I don't often have $ to buy as much of foods I enjoy as would be helpful. (I was treated today).
    So my metabolism seems to be all messed up now.

Maybe you should focus on fixing your metabolism before you worry about dieting? Gaining weight on 1200 calories isn't normal.

Unless you're elderly and tinytinytiny. And even then...
  • SheGlistensasSheSings
    Options
    well I do have an underactive thyroid amongst other conditions. I'd love to fix my metabolism too and am attempting
  • IdsFknTaken
    Options
    well I do have an underactive thyroid amongst other conditions.

Has that been diagnosed by a professional?

Your best bet is just to track your diet closely for a week or two and figure out your actual calorie/carb/protein/fat intake. If you're constantly hungry, eat more protein and fat instead of carbs.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    well I do have an underactive thyroid amongst other conditions. I'd love to fix my metabolism too and am attempting
    What are you doing to fix it?
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you rarely drink Sake, it will make you feel extra hungry even if you only had a little. Your body is probably crashing from the Sake's sugar content. If a person drinks too much at one time, their body can't metabolize nutrients properly, but I doubt one glass would be the culprit for that here!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    The appetite is probably a good sign for your metabolism, I would think. It sounds much more normal, if that makes sense. I absolutely crashed the past couple of days on more calories than you ate today, lol.

Hypothyroidism may change what I said! But isn't a symptom not much appetite (I take it that's why you ate so little for so long)? Hopefully your levels are getting better! You won't know till they are checked, I guess, but it all might be good. Yay to being hungry, lol!