From Couch to Half-Marathon ... and 41 kgs shed!

Options

Replies

• CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!
  • subella65
    subella65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and inspirational - congratulations on your achievement!
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration well done, great job done
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wow I just love reading success stories.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congratulations. ......"couldn't run a bath" that's funny

YES Love your sense of humor. And congratulations - you deserve the accolades.
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job. Love the user name!
  • shelleydavies1991
    shelleydavies1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AMAZING INSPIRATION!! :)

Well done!! So pleased for you xx
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome! thank you for sharing.

I am thinking very seriously of running in a 4 k in march - i've alwasy thought about it in a "someday i'd like to but i'm too fat" kind of way. now it's becoming an actual, tangible goal.
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation on the weight loss and the fitness gain! inspirational, well done.
  • Kirsty_Stock
    Kirsty_Stock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done! I started my weight loss journey 3 weeks ago and I have cut down to 1200 calories a day, and go to the gym 3/4 times a week, time permitting. I'd really like to start jogging (or running) in the mornings before work but I'm worried I'll go about it the wrong way and give up. Has anyone got any tips? Thanks in advance! Kirsty.
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! The hard work has certainly paid off! I was intrigued by your thread because my starting weight before I joined MFP was 262, as well. I have now hit my goal of being below 200 and plan on never going back there! I haven't tried running yet, but it is certainly on my bucket list to try. Keep up the amazing work!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational congratulations!
  • FitFabStar
    FitFabStar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wow!!! wow!!! you look fantastic and really healthy!! congrats to you!!! you must be stoked!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get into running and there are so many times when I want to quit. It was so motivating to see this today! Thank you, and I wish you continued success!
  • Tribesmama
    Options
    Well done to you for your half marathons so far , keep up the great work :)
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. I know that all of you have it in you to achieve your goals. Just keep on believing in yourself. Hope you don't mind me adding some friends, will be great to be part of the community. Keep running, walking ... and eating, but in the right balance!! :)
  • Hi Kirsty

Best advice I can give is to do everything in your own time at your own pace - that way, you will enjoy it. The worst thing is if you push yourself too hard and don't enjoy. Sure, it will hurt at first, but you'll feel so amazing after every session. Wishing you the best of luck.

Ro :)
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great transformation!
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh you kill me with this statement, "In February, I could not run a bath."

Congrats, you look amazing with your weight loss and a half marathon is terrific!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!