Ripped in 30 is kicking my *kitten*

Options
2»

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 days into week 2. How many days per week do you all do this?

First time around I did it 5-6 times per week. This time I'm trying going to try to do 7 days in a row with a one-day break in between - just because I'd like to finish the workout in about 1 month's time. I had great results taking more breaks though, so listen to your body. Don't rush through if your muscles need a break. On my days off the first time, I usually did some other exercise (power walk or light run or just some random cardio to burn calories)
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    All I can say about Ripped in 30 is...

DUCK WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Completed day 4 o n level 2 this morning. Still having a hard time with that table move and the crow push-ups.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 3 today, it wasnt too bad, Iv gotten to level 3 day 2 before and given up so I need to keep doing this. Im going for 5 days a week and adding cardio in straight after for 30mins too. My main goal is to drop a dress size/or 10lbs by xmas.
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dshalbert : I've been doing 5x week, 2 days of rest.

There are some things that I do at lower level. My ab hold doesn't get much height, but I feel it. Maybe when my derier is smaller I'll get more height! I'm not flat on my hands right now, but using my fingers to lift.
  • PippiNe
    Options
    Needed to burn some extra calories last night, so I did Level 2 in addition to Level 1 workout. Level 2 STILL kicks my butt! Granted, I was half worn-out having done a workout already, but I'm pretty sure I'm still going to struggle with that level! I was able to use heavier weights for the first shoulder circuit though :o) Today is my last day of Level 1 then I'll see just how tough Level 2 really is for me :o)
  • smay4
    smay4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thank you! I think I will try this after doing RI30 for a second time. How long is the Body Rev workout? I've looked at so many workout videos lately that I can't remember. Hoping it is not too long. 30-40 minutes works perfect for me.

They are all the same length as RI30 - approx. 30 mins.

If you have success with RI30, you will really like Body Rev. Good luck finishing RI30.
  • dshalbert
    Options
    dshalbert : I've been doing 5x week, 2 days of rest.

There are some things that I do at lower level. My ab hold doesn't get much height, but I feel it. Maybe when my derier is smaller I'll get more height! I'm not flat on my hands right now, but using my fingers to lift.

Thanks! I was able to do a few of the ab holds this morning by getting up on my fingers. That is a hard move.
  • dshalbert
    Options
    This morning was my last day on week 2. I did it 6x's in the last 7 days. I've also been averaging about 9,000 to 10,000 steps per day (accoring to my Fitbit) and recoding everything that went into my mouth. So when I stepped on the scale this morining (I weigh myself on Friday mornings), I gained 1.8 lbs since last Friday :grumble: . But I am fitting comfortably into my size 12 and I was a 14 about 3 weeks ago, so I'm still happy. I'm a bit scared abou level 3 . . .any tips? I'll start that on Sunday.
  • PippiNe
    Options
    I don't specifically remember what exercises were in Level 3 since it has been a while since I did it. I think that may have been the level with the "duck walks" which made me want to beg for mercy. According to an earlier post I made, it must have been centered on triceps and thighs. I do recall that I felt the strength and ab moves didn't give me as much "down" time to recover from the cardio segments. So keep some water handy. I don't remember hating that level as much as Level 2, so I think you made it through the worst already :o)
  • lcbowz
    Options
    DSAlbert: Great non-scale victory (NSV)...What I remember of level three was that I began to sweat pretty quickly. The warm up was a workout in itself, if I recall correctly. I had much trepidation with that but completed it with confidence! :-) Good luck!
  • dshalbert
    Options
    DSAlbert: Great non-scale victory (NSV)...What I remember of level three was that I began to sweat pretty quickly. The warm up was a workout in itself, if I recall correctly. I had much trepidation with that but completed it with confidence! :-) Good luck!

Thanks, icbowz! I staretd week 3 this morning. I some of those moves seem pretty hard on my bad knees so I will be doing a lot of modifying. It's pretty tough, but I like it :).
  • lcbowz
    Options
    I just finished week 4! I moved up on my weights on a couple of moves. My first workout with my new shoes - I ended up taking the Ryka Ambition shoes back; they were too small and caused a blister on my foot. I do love the cushion on them, but went with Ryka Capture cross trainers due to the tread. Glad I did; the burpees and other moves were much easier to do with the different tread. I do miss all of that cushioning, though!

BTW, the shoe salesman told me that generally, you should move up a 1/2 size on fitness shoes from what you normally wear? I had NEVER heard of that before.

Now, to spend the $$ and buy Body Revolution or do another mixed week of RI30??
  • lcbowz
    Options
    Just started BR yesterday...anyone have suggestions for which board to use?
  • dshalbert
    Options
    I did my second day on level three this morning. Still having a hard time doing those "duck walks" . This level is really hard, lots of balancing moves, but I do feel myself getting stronger. I did a little better on day two of this level than I did on day one, so I guess that's the point :smile:
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ive just finished W1D2 of Ripped. So far I am enjoying it. I completed 30DS, then Insanity and now this so my fitness level is pretty good however this is still kicking my *kitten*.
    Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so :)
  • dshalbert
    Options
    Starting Week 4 tomorrow. {{ Shudder }}
  • PippiNe
    Options
    Keep going :o) You can do it! I took a break for a few days because I needed larger calorie burns than this provided to stay under my calories for the day. Plan to start week 3 today. (Goodbye Week 2 - I won't miss you!) lol
  • dshalbert
    Options
    Keep going :o) You can do it! I took a break for a few days because I needed larger calorie burns than this provided to stay under my calories for the day. Plan to start week 3 today. (Goodbye Week 2 - I won't miss you!) lol

I did level 3 for 4 days in a row and took 3 days off . . .well sort off,. I helped someone move on Saturday, so lots of boxes up & down stairs for a few hours has to count for it's share of squats and bicep curls, so maybe just 2 rest days. :wink:

Anyway, this morning when I did what I decided would be my last day on level 3, I definelty could tell a difference in my strength and being able do do more reps than before. Those rest and repair days do pay off.
  • lcbowz
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! I'm loving JMBR; almost finished with week 3 and I'm still sore. Isn't it great when you feel stronger!?! I think I might get a heavier weight for certain moves!