Why do I lose weight that fast??

Options
I know I can't really complain but I'm really wondering what is going on with my body.

Long story short, I am a short girl (5'3) and I started my journey at 123 pounds. About 5 days ago I was 116 pounds, 2 days ago I was 115.5 pounds, yesterday I was 115 and today I'm down at 114. I'm always using the same balance with no clothes on and I weigh in at the same time every day (first thing in the morning after I went to the bathroom)

My goal is set to lose .5 pounds per week! and I eat 1/2 to 3/4 of my exercise calories back! I have a HRM

I was wondering if you guys could give me some answers

Thank you!

If you need more information, I'll edit my post

My diary is open, and what is water weight?? And dont look at my macros as I mostly just add quick calories

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Its water weight.

My weight can fluctuate up to 10 pounds in a week, even a day. You're not a machine, organics are a bit more complex.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can only assume you are losing initial water weight, to lose 1 pound of fat you would have had to burn 3500 calories.

I'm no expert but that's my two cents.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I wish I could see your diary...
  • leemchisholm
    leemchisholm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can only assume you are losing initial water weight, to lose 1 pound of fat you would have had to burn 3500 calories.

I'm no expert but that's my two cents.

This isn't true. Everyone's metabolic rate is different. They say 3500kcals per pound but there's been no scientific proof that this is the case.

But to answer your question, yeah it's water weight. I've went up 9lbs in a week and lost that 9lbs in a week, just due to binging and retaining a lot of water.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your only 21 years old ! Give it time, it gets harder as you get older.
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Like the others say, it's probably water weight... If you want a more accurate reading, you could try to weight yourself three days in a row and make an average of the three numbers.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Like the others say, it's probably water weight... If you want a more accurate reading, you could try to weight yourself three days in a row and make an average of the three numbers.

Well normally my weight don't fluctuate that much from day to day. I usually lose maybe 0.5 to 1 pound per week
  • leemchisholm
    leemchisholm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. Weighing yourself daily is pointless. If you want to do it daily, then feel free, but then divide the TOTAL weight by 7 so you get an average (due to daily fluctuations).

I weigh myself every Tuesday. That's it.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi OP,

When i look back at my weight gain, it all happened after i got older.

In my twenties, i had to eat constantly just NOT to lose weight.

So, my advice is...you've a long, long road ahead, develop good habits now while you have Estrogen in abudance and a good metabolism.

Find and use an exercise program you love but that is not too extreme. Extremes lead to injuries, so exercise but take care of your knees, back etc....that is so important.
    Eat as healthy as possible, in the past...because i never gained weight, i overdid the chocolate.....now i simply am struggling with fighting an extreme chocolate addiction. Avoid that sort of thing while you can.

So, i think you are normal for your age, you can drop the pounds with very little effort, enjoy that for now. But when you see the scale creeping up one day, use that as a warning that your body is changing.

I hope you have a great metabolism for 30 more years, i did-- but those days are long gone! Good Luck, enjoy!!! ????????????

Linia