Let's lose 15 pounds the rest of 2013!

Options
Hello everyone,

I have discovered the community aspect of this site and am liking it so far! I am hoping to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year and go from 66 kg (145 lbs) to 59 kg (130 lbs).

I really am not sure how to do it :( Can it really happen?

Weight has been slowly slipping off since I moved to Korea over a year ago but now I really want to speed it up. I am counting my calories and upping my exercise. But I have never been lower than this weight since middle school maybe! I think my body will look great at 130 but I have no idea because I have never been there before.

Feel free to add me as a friend and let's motivate each other through these next two months :)

Replies

• sheppitsgal
    Options
    I am ALL IN :happy:
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm working towards that goal to! :)
  • TheGinQueen
    Options
    Hi - I've just added you, I'm hoping to lose 10 pounds by Christmas :)
  • lel2259
    lel2259 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am having such a hard time sticking with it! I've gained more weight over last year than I ever had I think maybe due to stress with layoffs, had to sell house...whatever but I need to get with it and start exercising again and cut down on sugar. I had instant coffee with skim milk water and flavored creamer this morning and noted I will have an apple later and Im already over the sugar count. I am disgusted with myself...HELP
  • lel2259
    lel2259 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would be so happy to do that!! What is a good meal plan? Any suggestions. I eat at night a lot too.
  • sikorak
    sikorak Posts: 13
    Options
    This would be my first time part of a challenge on MFP so please help me - how does it work ? But I am all in because my goal is also 15lbs by the end of the year !! :)
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join you. It would be fab to lose 15 pounds before 2013 :-)
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am having such a hard time sticking with it! I've gained more weight over last year than I ever had I think maybe due to stress with layoffs, had to sell house...whatever but I need to get with it and start exercising again and cut down on sugar. I had instant coffee with skim milk water and flavored creamer this morning and noted I will have an apple later and Im already over the sugar count. I am disgusted with myself...HELP

Don't forget milk and fruit are super high in natural sugars -- most people do not watch their sugar count on natural sugars! I actually hide the sugar stat and just read labels. I cannot eat processed sugars at all (makes me super sick) but I am ALWAYS over my sugar count due to dairy and fruit! Don't worry about those kinds of sugar so much :flowerforyou:
  • Kelbelle87
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I just joined this site as of two minutes ago, so I'm brand new. I'm ALL FOR losing 15 lbs. by the end of 2013. Good luck everyone!
  • LansingPugh
    LansingPugh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been stuck in the low 140's for a year now and have come back to myfitnesspal to get back on track.
  • Kelbelle87
    Options
    Quick question; how did you get that weight loss countdown thing on your post? I want one of those!
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Let's DO it! YES, you CAN make it happen!
  • Lisabailey808
    Options
    Can everyone add me also???
  • invincibile17z
    Options
    HEEEEY GUYS IM NEW AND HAVE NO FRIENDS ON HERE YET IM UP FOR THE 15LBS:):) ADD ME PLZZZZZZ I NEED SOME MOTIVATION AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE IS EATING/WORKING OUTWISE TO BE GOOD XXXXXX
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    count me in too! :)
  • easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm trying to lose 15 by chrismas as well. I'm been trying to lose 10 pounds a month sense August and have been doing pretty well. So I think this extra push is what I need!!
    Thanks
  • gphclue
    gphclue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got back into working out, so this would be a great way to get me back into gear. I am down and ready to go
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Count me in, if you will let a guy into this challenge. 15lb by Christmas would be awesome. Any/all of you feel free to add me.
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    I am definitely in! I just got myself re-motivated after seeing a picture of myself after a 5k race. I already get plenty of cardio, just need to up the weights and improve my eating. I'm starting out with counting calories again. I've never really eaten a ton of calories, but I love my wine at night so I'm trying really hard to incorporate more healthy foods and no wine during the week. Diet coke is my other weakness I have got to give it up, I have one to two a day.

Looking forward to having some people to hold me accountable. I weighed in this morning I am 5'1" starting weight 124.8 goal weight 112.

Good luck everyone!!

Sara
  • jjcslagle
    Options
    I am in!!! I've been "doing" MFP for about a year, but not being nearly as committed as I should be. I recently had a 20 lb weight gain due to a medication I was taking, significantly increasing my weight loss goal. :( I've been really disappointed the scale isn't moving. I am one who needs motivation. I'd love to add some friends to support me - reading your intros on here is a good start! Please feel free to add me!