I've Fallen Off The Wagon...

Options
Hi there folks! I was doing really well with my weight loss plan, however a few weeks ago I went on holiday and since then my healthy eating plan has gone out the window. Trying desperately to get back on track but I'm really struggling. Has anyone got any advice to help me get back on track?

Replies

• justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Make goals, right them down, throw out the junk in the house, restock on your favorite healthy foods, find a goal outfit you'd LOVE to fit into, make an exercise plan for the next week...it doesn't have to be intense, maybe a daily 20 minute walk. Now, the thing with all of these suggestions is you HAVE to do them! I fell off the wagon for three months and gained back 6lbs that I worked hard to lose. Hop back on the wagon before you feel defeated like I did! You can do this! You have to remember WHY you're doing this! Because YOU want to be Healthy!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This happened to me on a smaller scale - I went on vacation and came back and was still working out and watching it but not nearly closely enough.

My best advice is to focus on one thing at a time to get started back up. Is it just eating you are struggling with now? If so, then can you eliminate one thing that's making it worse? For example, if you have dessert every night, can you skip it 5 nights a week and have it as a treat? If it's portion sizes, can you have a smaller dinner? If it's snacking, can you replace your snacks with vegetables?

Or start walking more. Whatever your routine is. And remember how you feel when you eat better.

And my favorite quote "Nothing tastes as good as fit feels!"
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    writing down my goals really helps me and I log everything I eat because it keeps me on track. I recently slipped because had to travel and now I'm trying to lose the 3 lbs I gained. :-(
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love that quote that "nothing tastes as good as fit feels". True story
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Motivation fades. Habits stick.

When you are ready to lose the weight - you will.
  • marco_sylvano
    Options
    Hi there.. You have to rekindle the fire with in you to get going again.. Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.. :wink:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm just back from holiday too. You have to just get on with it!

Look back at why you want to lose weight, find an item of clothing that almost fits to motivate you, keep an accurate log on here, make an effort to move more - they're all helpful.

"If I don't get on with it I'll be back where I started - that's MY motivation! "
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love the goal outfit.. for me it was a pair of white wranglers,, hung them up where I could see them every day!!!! it took me awhile but now I still do not fit into them.. they are too big.. so I will get another pair to hang on the wall.. it might look strange but it is very motivating!