Time to be serious!

Options
:wink:

I've tried various weight loss programs and have been met with nothing but disappointment...so now I've invested in a Fitbit Flex and linked it to MyFitnessPal...and so far, so good.

In my younger days I was skinny, very athletic and ate like a horse...then adult life caught up to me! I went from 130 lbs (I'm a 5'10 woman) to my all time worse 238 pounds. And of course, the weight has been problematic healthwise.

My biggest issue is sleeping has been awful. I have to medicate in order to fall asleep - being menopausal isn't helping either. I always thought that if I tired myself out physically that it would help with sleeping - no luck. Even tried throwing melatonin into the fray - it helps me to get to sleep but then I'm waking up 2 hours later. So I'm hoping that by losing weight - I'd like to get down to 160 lbs - might help with the sleeplessness.

I ride a motorcycle and recently saw a picture of myself seated on the bike - I was floored at how huge my thighs looked!

My motivation for getting fit this time is my motorcycle. It's getting quite cold here in Ontario,Canada and to keep my legs from freezing I wanted to buy a pair of leather chaps. I found a cheap pair of men's large chaps on Kijiji. I went to buy them and tried to pull them on - and I couldn't get them over my thighs! That's it! I've had it with this weight! I bought the chaps anyway and now use them as my weight loss guage.

I'm doing lots of walking, will be skating again too. I've tried joining a gym but found I was getting bored after a couple of months. And I very self conscious of my weight and gyms just make me uncomfortable.

I'm using my XBOX Kinect for a variety of exercise - I can work up quite a sweat with it too! I recently invested in the "Your Shape" and "UFC Trainer" programs but secretly love the "Kinect Sports" - I especially like the boxing, soccer, ping-pong and bowling - and I manage to work up quite a sweat with it.

I like playing sports more than working-out to lose weight. I'm planning to return to the gym one day but more so for maintenance.

Anyway, here goes - wish me luck!

Replies

• kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • SlimmingMeDown
    SlimmingMeDown Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5'10" and 130 -- sounds like a model! You will get back to a size you like with commitment and time.

Have you tried getting a few hours of sunlight/daylight during the course of the day? That should help you get more sleep at night. Being sunlight deprived can do a number on your body.

Your topic got me thinking about how I really have to be serious. I overate by over 1,000 calories yesterday. I was on a good track for two weeks before that. I guess I have to kick my own a** now.