Treadmill Recommendation

Options
I am looking to purchase a treadmilll in the next couple months when I hopefully move and have the space. Just looking for advice, I will probably buy used. I just want something sturdy and reliable and don't really want to pay over $500.

Replies

• Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Kiley, we have a ProForm Crosswalk treadmill. Not sure which model (I'm not at home). Got it from Sears, and only paid a little over $300!! We've had it a few years and it's worked great for us:)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I was also looking at a proform, the power 995.
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I need some recommendations also. Many reviews for treadmills have me worried that no matter which one I choose it will have problems within a short time after getting it home.
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Landice treadmills. They are pricy but you can find the for cheap on Craig's list. I have purchased several that way and have been very happy with them.
  • sam_r_i
    sam_r_i Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a horizon t101 treadmill i purchased a few months ago. So far everything is working very well. It's sturdy and pretty quite (quieter than the used lifespan i had before). It was a little over your budget for a new one at $630, but i had a bad experience with a used one that broke in a couple months, so i wanted a new one.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Do you want a treadmill for running or walking? The walking ones tend to be cheaper.

My husband and I recently purchased the Horizon T101 for running. As sam mentioned above, it is a bit above your price range. In our research, we found the Horizon treadmills to be well rated forthe budget friendly price. We didn't want to gamble on used.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I also have a Proform treadmill (I'm at work - not sure of of the model #). Its sturdy and great for walking/running. I purchased mine from HSN.COM several years ago and paid slightly more than $500; however, the payments were split into 4 or 5 payments (dont recall) so it helped me to budget for it. I'd suggest checking out HSN/QVC - they split the payments up and ship after the 1st payment on your debit/credit card (so you also wouldnt have to deal with delivery).
  • klmorg1227
    klmorg1227 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Walking or running makes a HUGE difference. You need a MUCH better quality of treadmill if you're going to be running on it. I am a runner. I tried a few brands but in the long run just stick to using the ones at the gym because that way I am not stuck paying for repairs or replacing them when they break.
  • chickybuns
    Options
    I will be running mostly, so I really need one that is sturdy. I am looking in the $1000 price range. I didn't really want to spend that much but it looks like I'm going to have to if I want something decent. Thanks for the input.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I bought a Proform, can't remember which model, from Sears for about $400.00. I also bought the extended warranty for $150ish that is good for 3-5 years (can't remember) This warranty includes them coming out each year to do a maintenance check and covers any replacements parts/service. I use it to walk and run. I have not had any problems with it :)
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have one of the NordicTrak lower models and I like it a lot. Not sure I would run on it though. You'll definitely have to go more expensive. I got it from Sears because I needed it delivered and the delivery came with installation so bonus!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was also looking at a proform, the power 995.

Just had this one delivered ! Hubby and son put it together in less than two hours. Haven't used it yet other than to jump on and make sure it worked. :). We bought ours off amazon
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Proform professional fitness trainer 7.0 from HSN four/five years ago. I run on it all the time. Got it I believe under 500. So worth it.

Love it!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you want good quality that will last, look to Landice, True or Precore.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Trainer-410-Treadmill/17164498

just got my treadmill from walmart a few days ago. its really nice and sturdy.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Or save the $$ and run outside!
  • chickybuns
    Options

It's hard when it's 0 and there is ice and snow everywhere!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

I live in MN and it's very snowy and cold (negative temps all week this week) but I dress in many layers and use those spikes on my shoes. I run outdoors year round.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

I live in MN and it's very snowy and cold (negative temps all week this week) but I dress in many layers and use those spikes on my shoes. I run outdoors year round.

While I appreciate running outside and prefer it over treadmill running, I find it horribly arrogant when people make comments like yours. Everyone has their reasons for choosing a treadmill versus running outside and running on a treadmill is better than doing nothing at all.
  • chickybuns
    Options

While I appreciate running outside and prefer it over treadmill running, I find it horribly arrogant when people make comments like yours. Everyone has their reasons for choosing a treadmill versus running outside and running on a treadmill is better than doing nothing at all.

Thank you. I also prefer running outside. But having a treadmill gives me a lot more opportunity to run. Not only do I not like to run when it's really cold. I have a one year old and work full-time. So I don't have a lot of time for it. That's why the treadmill so I can run at night after he is in bed.