When your hearts not in it...

Options
Hey all! Is it just me or is EVERYONE lacking motivation the last few days? Almost every blog I've read and several posts have all indicated that people are DRAGGING. No one is motivated to walk/exercise. No one is motivated to eat right or plan meals. No one feels like doing ANYTHING. We're not inspired by the "you just need to make good choices" or "you can do this" from mfp friends like we usually are.

So...what do we do? What is the answer? How do we get out of this funk? Are we just going to wallow until we have come full cycle and our "good-girl(or boy)" run is over?

That's what I'm most afraid of. That this "life-change" is over. That my old ways are sneaking back in. First on Saturday. Then Saturdays and Sundays. Then Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Etc. No one wants that. But it feels that it is coming. It feels like we are lacking the excitement or the newness of weightloss. So many of my friends - kekibird, chubbietubbie, and others are slowly losing steam. Help us before we stop all together! Help us before our bodies, minds, and emotions start reaching to food to make us excited or happy again.

Replies

• 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you all!
    Only 17 pounds left and I'm bored.
    Kinda done with it. It gets harder the less you have to lose!
    Let me know if you find new motivation!

Maybe something competitive?? I love to win!!!!!!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't what you want to hear, but in the end, everyone has to motivate him/herself. If your heart's not in it, that's not something anyone can fix for you.

You have to look at your life and decide what do you really WANT? Why is it you've been trying to make the changes you've been working on? Have those reasons gone away? Chances are they haven't... You just need to remind yourself why you want to change.
  • legalgal
    Options
    Maybe if we lose some weight, like you guys have, we should all reward ourselves with new jeans? That would motivate me!!
    Hang in there, the reward is feeling good, making friends, looking great!! My motivation, I just want to feel better than I do now. I guess the pain of where I am now is worse than the pain of jogging each morning?
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    well why don't you set some kind of challenge for your group of friends it wcould be a weekly challeenge or a monthly challenece or some big event kind of challenge ( like holiday , races, etc) I think this could keep you motivated. Also, try looking at your reports on MFP look at your progrress, if you haven't been mesuring start measuring bc a quarter inch down is a quarter inch down. I think reflecting on how much you have a achieved and focusing on how much you have grown as an individual on this journey might help you get some perspective and possibly the lil spark your looking for!!! Good luck!!!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am totally dragging. Even when I consider why I'm doing this and how much I've achieved in the last month and a half, I still just feel "blah" about it all. Maybe it's the changing of the seasons or something, idk. I hope my motivation comes back soon, I need a good kick in the rear to get back on track. At least I'm keeping within my calories, even if my exercise hasn't been that great.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm not in it right now.

But, like everything else in life, I hope it swings back. It's all a roller coaster with ups and downs. If things droop, that means it will also spring back.

Katie
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there ... I've fallen off and I'm really struggling to get back on that darn wagon. I don't want to give up yet. Gained almost all the weight back. Dangit!!! :grumble: :sad: :angry: But like Trenton said in an earlier post ... "in the end, everyone has to motivate him/herself." So if I'm going to turn this back around it's really up to me right? But I do love that MFP is here to help me out :flowerforyou:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I spent the majority of the weekend hiding from said wagon. I had beer for lunch & dinner on Saturday and for brunch on Sunday, I ate pizza & Chipotle & half a pound of turkey bacon. Yesterday I decided enough is enough. I decided to take the 200 Squat & 100 Push Up challenges, but because I'm a little competitive I'm making my boyfriend do it too. And my seven year old (who can currently do more push ups than I can!).
    Challenge yourself to something, challenge a friend, START a challenge on here, try to beat me at push ups... But no matter what you decide, remember how far you've come & you're doing this for YOU.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I get my *kitten* up and just do it.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I too seem to start off full steam, but then being around skinny minny people like my kids and hubby and not one of them needs to lose an ounce, doesn't help. I have to be careful what I make so I am not making two meals. I try to feed my family good healthy meals and I take a small portion but they can have 2nds, 3rds, fourths etc.

I could use some motivation, encouragement or any tips/ ideas. I might take just_peachy 's idea and challenge my kids to do some push ups challenge or soemthing they alwasy like to win at everything and at the beginning they will win, but that may make me want to keep going to beat my 9yr old..LOL.

Well feel free to friend me if you want.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza & Chipotle & half a pound of turkey bacon.

Mmm..Chipotle. I've wanted one of their burritos so bad lately, but when I looked up how many calories are in them, it made me want to cry...I was like What?! Its just rice!

I'm not so much bored with the idea of losing weight, I just feel bleh about EVERYTHING right now. I'm tired, sluggish, overall just feeling dead. If I could just sleep all day...I would. I don't want to work, clean my house...heck last night the idea of playing a board game sounded like it would take to much effort. lol

So far I've been keeping up with mostly everything anyways, I still go for my walks (with extra pushing from my hubby though), and I still plan to go to Zumba tonight.

So I think we just have to push through this "phase" just like you would for anything else in life. You get up to go to work don't you? because you feel its your responsibility to make some $$ or take care of the kids...well its your responsibility to take care of you too...so just get up and do what you gotta do, and hope whatever it is that's sitting on us (I seriously have this vision of trainers who sit on the person doing the push up lol)...gets off our back so we can get back to enjoying ourselves, and enjoying our success!

With that said, I'm going to go refill my water cup! haha
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    OH...I don't know about some of you, but I started the October walking challenge and that helped me get off my butt (I wasn't doing any exercise before Oct 1st, and now I walk & Zumba)...So you could still join us :) Maybe it will give you extra motivation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/122813-we-should-do-a-walk-challenge
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    the best advice ever given to me was fake it until you believe it...because trust me there was no novelty when i started this journey...i HATE working out, I HATE counting everything i eat...but i pretend i love it...and i smile in the mirror while i'm working my *kitten* off doing cardio...and it's not pretty (my bum doesn't look good when it's flopping around)....i just put my big girl panties on, complain a little because i can't have a donut...and work my aggression out at the gym...good luck my friend, if you need some help let me know...i can be brutally honest if you need me to be
  • brandip22
    Options
    I am having a hard time as well. I, too, agree that I have to find motivation in myself, but I must admit that success stories help me remember WHY I want and need to do this! I seem to think that I can just will the weight away, yet I know that doesn't work and never will. So, here's to finding and keeping my motivation!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think setting up a goal/reward system is the best way to go, if you can manage it. It sometimes works for me, when I don't get impulsive and just reward myself anyway!! :D I like the idea of buying new jeans (or new ANYTHING really), but you could also try signing up for a race or other competitive event that you actually have to train for.

You could also try mixing up your routine. I know I get bored doing the same thing all the time...I run the same route, with the same music, at the same speed...it becomes grueling! If you run/walk, try a different route...try swimming...try zumba or ANYTHING to mix it up and make it fun again :)

Most of all, hang in there! Look at the progress you've made and give yourself a pat on the back for DOING IT!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just know that when someone new like me comes on here and see's all the success you guys have, that what you have done has an impact on me and helps motivate others to accomplish what you have!!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    definitely very fed up. lost 2lbs a week for the first 3 weeks, then 1.5lbs, then NOTHING AT ALL for the next 3.5 weeks (and counting). had a few days off last week and enjoyed repulsive amounts of chocolate (yum)... used to go to the success story boards for motivation but now theyre just making me jealous! hopefully this little vent will help me get over myself and back on track :tongue:

good luck to everyone else who's fed up! :drinker:
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ps. thanks for this thread, it actually is really helpful knowing im not the only one fed up!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think 'motivation' is overrated. Motivation is like lust: it only lasts so long, and then you have to depend on friendship and shared common goals and values to make a relationship work. I'm trying to think of me and my body working together towards the shared goal of being healthier. I'm tired of not liking my body and treating it as an enemy. So ya, some days the motivation isn't there, but I've made a committment to me, and I'm sticking with it.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just get up and do it! Stop wallering in your self pity and do something about it! I lost over 50 pounds and I know you guys can reach whatever goals you want to. You just have to believe in yourself!!!! You don't need anyone else to motivate you. You need only yourself! So put down the twinkie and get to steppin!
    -Roy
    P.S. Hope that didn't come off as harsh. Just trying to help! if you need some help with anything at all, just ask!