fat shaming

Options

Replies

• oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up to much. There are a lot of unusually cruel people out there ( in my experience ) who will beat you up enough. Embrace yourself in the confidence that you will be successful in attaining your goals and just move forward. You are going to trip up a little bit along the way, we all have. When it happens, get up and move. Shame is a poor motivator, don't use it .
  • holieghloren
    holieghloren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to get to that point before I could really get my eating habits in check. I felt like that was the only way I could really make it happen. The best part is it's only up from here!! Im down 45lbs in a year and I back to what I weight in 2006. It's a journey
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Im fat shaming myself. I have allowed myself to get completely out of control with my eating. I am now 216 lbs. I feel so nasty and disgusting and depressed Ive allowed myself to get this way. I have been doing lots of unnecessary snacking and eating pizza and haamburgers etc like. Rabid savage. Today is my day. Im going to get it together and lose these pounds. Most of my weight is centralized in my mid section and I can tell Ive gained in my legs etc. I just had to get that out there.

That's funny, I am exactly 216lbs and absolutely THRILLED with myself and my progress. I don't feel disgusting or nasty. :flowerforyou:

Just start working on your goals, it takes patience and consistency.
  • justlana
    justlana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    were worth it to feel good, do your best today, that's all we can do :)
  • justlana
    justlana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    so happy for you! great inspiration!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You are not disgusting, you are not ugly. You are strong, and you have the tools to do this. There will be setbacks, but the important thing is to not let the little setbacks let you forget about the big picture. You got this! Good luck!
  • amyrob56
    Options
    When I hear or see the words "mostly around my belly or middle" I hear "wheat". You may want to check out the threads under the wheat belly topic. I have postings there about losing the belly and lots of other health improvements. It is not difficult to walk away from the wheat. I did it in June.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    prove it
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Quit talking and get it done. When you are done working then cry over what you did. Aint that shiit awesome?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Do it!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Get 'R done girlie!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about what you have done up until now. Now is when you make a plan, figure out how you are going to attack this! Are you going to sit around and be lazy? OR are you going to decide you are worth it and do something amazing for yourself! No one can show you how to do it, no one can guide you and get you there. It is on you to do it....now get out and do it!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    When I hear or see the words "mostly around my belly or middle" I hear "wheat". You may want to check out the threads under the wheat belly topic. I have postings there about losing the belly and lots of other health improvements. It is not difficult to walk away from the wheat. I did it in June.

Or body composition....which ever.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    prove it

QFT!

And lets be honest, ask anyone whos done a Shaun T work out)... youll have to beat yourself up (a LITTLE) to keep yourself going... this is the first step! youve made the choice... now BACK IT UP!! open your eyes and look.. REALLY look at what your eating habits have done to your body... your health.
    TIME TO LOVE YOURSELF! And yes... you will have to beat yourself up a little.. it aint all butterflies and roses...this getting into shape game!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    MIGHTY ROAR!!!
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    fat shaming yourself is not going to do you any good. instead of feeling so horrible and guilty, put a positive spin on things. you're not ashamed, you're accepting responsibility. it wasn't until I accepted that I was fat without being ashamed of my mistakes that I was able to turn it around. you're turning over a new leaf, congratulations! that's a wonderful thing. good luck and please don't be so hard on yourself.

Completely disagree with this ridiculous sentiment. Shame and self-loathing is the only thing that successfully motivated me to change, and I know many people who would agree. Negative motivation is a very powerful force, and works better than riding the delusional self-esteem train for many of us.
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't shame yourself. Shame as a motivator only works for so long. Be honest with yourself, set goals that will point you in the right direction, and encourage yourself with positive reinforcement.

Don't improve yourself to decrease shame, do it to increase your health and joy in life.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You've come to the best place possible to begin your journey.
    Best wishes to you!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Im fat shaming myself. I have allowed myself to get completely out of control with my eating. I am now 216 lbs. I feel so nasty and disgusting and depressed Ive allowed myself to get this way. I have been doing lots of unnecessary snacking and eating pizza and haamburgers etc like. Rabid savage. Today is my day. Im going to get it together and lose these pounds. Most of my weight is centralized in my mid section and I can tell Ive gained in my legs etc. I just had to get that out there.

That's funny, I am exactly 216lbs and absolutely THRILLED with myself and my progress. I don't feel disgusting or nasty. :flowerforyou:

Just start working on your goals, it takes patience and consistency.

Hahaha! I'm at 210 and was thinking the exact same thing . I am rocking this body right now ! Good job BTW !!
  • janaq2003
    janaq2003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You guys rock. These posts are so encouraging so I just want to say..thank you all! I wont go MIA..ill be around!