me :)

Options
I have struggled with weight my whole life. I'm the "you have a pretty face" girl. But I have reached a point where enough is enough. I am dedicated to lossing an Olsen twin (100 lbs :). Or more. I reached my top weight of 301lbs 8-15-2013. Today I weigh in at 265lbs. I am doing a low sugar diet and eating something every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism going. Also bought Zumba DVD and started a week ago.

Replies

• Donna62161
    Donna62161 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too have struggled with my weight and finally decided one day I was tired of feeling fat constantly pulling at my clothes and the worst part every time I attended a family gathering whether it be a wedding or funeral was having people greet me by saying "You sure are FAT" that I was pretty but fat at first it hurt then I got mad and welcomed all the insults it gave me motivation not to mention I came to the conclusion that the people who called me fat whether family or so called friends needed to check themselves before laughing at me. I started my journey September 4 of this year at 203 lbs as of today I weigh in at 185 lbs. I changed how and what I ate and I exercise daily. You can do it it'll be hard at first temptation will be all around but be strong!!!!!! If you need me I'm here trust me I have my days and I need someone myself to stay strong :smile:
  • Mirandanderson
    Mirandanderson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not many ppl have called me fat to my face. I think if I were in your shoes I would have punched them lol no really I might have, specially if they had no room to talk. I have always made the fat girl jokes. Like when someone says, "want something to eat" I always have a smart comment like "hell yes, I didn't get fat by looking at food". But seriously it's time to make a healthy change. How much are you trying to loss?
  • Traineight
    Traineight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!!! Best wishes!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I do the same thing - I eat every 2-3 hours. While it's true you can "eat anything" and lose weight as long as there is a calorie deficit, when you're eating 3 meals and 3 snacks everyday, you've got to make good choices in order to make those calories last all day long!

WAY TO GO in taking these first steps and WELCOME!!!! Feel free to add me if you like - I'm in a similar boat; started out at 286.4 on 9/15 and today am 265.6 and still chuggin' along...

LOTS of great resources and information here on MFP - just use the search tool and you'll find a string about pretty much everything!!!

Best of luck to you!!! :-)
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too and in a similar boat. I'm just starting out and I'm taking it one step at a time. Two weeks ago I cut out sugars and lost five pounds a week in...it's just now starting to get a little easier, and so this week I am committing to writing down every single thing I eat. When that gets a little easier and I know I am in the process of making MFP a habit, I'm going to add in excercise. I already walk five miles a day, but I plan on introducing myself to the Couch to 5K program and start jogging a bit of that as well.

Best of luck to you!