WW Not working for me

Options
So now I am going to try MFP. I have had success with WW in the past but this new program is causing me to gain weight even though I have followed the plan to a tee. I have saw so many people on here have lost and maintained amazing losses. I have a few questions for people following this plan. Do you eat all of you calories daily? Also do you eat calories that you earn with exercise? Thanks in advance for your support.:happy:

Replies

• Sashyteds
    Options
    I used to eat all the calories available, and often a bit more, but then I would exercise off the excess calories. MFP really worked for me as it made me realize just how many kilojoules are lurking in seemingly innocent foods and also made me pay attention to how much I was eating. The best part is that I still ate the foods I enjoyed and by tracking the kj's of different foods, it naturally led me to choosing healthier options! Best of luck!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I usually try to stay under by about 50-80 calories, but I definitely eat what I'm allowed. I obviously like food though, or I wouldn't be in this spot :smile: I also eat back my exercise calories, though I don't necessarily eat them all back if I'm not hungry.

Just remember that you don't HAVE to eat all the calories allotted, but also try not to go hundreds of calories below. You're already eating at a deficit, and eating too low could leave you miserable and potentially slow down your progress.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You're going to get an extremely wide range of response to this question. This link will take you to the best explanation of this I've seen so far:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • jfontaine001
    Options
    You should never go under 1200 calories a day. I have yo-yo dieted my entire life and now my metabolism is paying for it. I am 38 and have dieted since I was 12. Bad genes don't help, but this is the first time that I have made a true life-style change and not a diet. I love this site because it teaches you to notice what is in the things that you eat so that you can make better choices. I have lost 56 lbs. in the past 18 months without any program, but MFP is giving me the motivation that I need to continue to strive for better health. I would recommend that you not make yourself feel like you "can't" eat something. Of course you CAN. It is about whether or not you choose to eat it if it is unhealthy. And if you decide to eat something that isn't healthy, that is fine... just be sure to choose smaller portions. We need calories, we need fat, we need carbs, and even cholesterol. We just don't need an overabundance of any of it.
  • ladyred316
    Options
    At first, I always tried to be 200 to 300 calories under my goal, but I found that even with just a couple pounds of weight loss I wasn't getting the muscle definition that I wanted, and I would feel very fatiuged. I am making a complete effort for this now, considering before I never went on the message boards. I am trying to eat healthier things, like fruits, vegetables, and lean protein. I am staying away from processed foods, complex carbs, and all sugary snacks. Best of luck!
  • leapyearcutie
    leapyearcutie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WW stopped working for me too and I was following it exactly! Now I eat my 1200 calories (which is 2-300 less than the ww points I had - and no bonus points) and since starting back with MFP a week ago I have lost 5 lbs that I've been fighting with since MARCH on WW. I do love my WW leader and the people I have met there, and I still go - I just use MFP's program and tracking which surely means I can never be a leader myself. :) Oh well, I'd rather be off all my meds, running at the speed I want and look decent naked!

I only eat my exercise calories on Saturday - long run day - to refuel. Other days I may eat a few of them but definitely not all.
  • MeSoFatso1973
    Options
    I just canceled my Online Subscription to WW myself. Today is my first day on MFP.

Please, everyone, feel free to add me.

Thank you :)