Low cal warm beverage besides tea!

Options
cursiny
cursiny Posts: 907 Member
I am already feeling very cold as it gets cold outside. When I drink coffee I must add flavored creamer which ups the calories drastically. I am wondering what you drink that is warm and low calorie besides tea. Any suggestion?

Replies

• hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hot Apple Cider
    Some Hot Chocolate
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird, but I drink broth - the bullion cubes are all of 5 calories and make a cup of broth. Those concerned about sodium can get low or no sodium versions.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    there's diet swiss miss packets. i believe one has only 20 calories. but if you get the sugar-free creamer light creamer, or switch to powdered creamer, it lightens the calories.
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon juice
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It sounds weird, but I drink broth - the bullion cubes are all of 5 calories and make a cup of broth. Those concerned about sodium can get low or no sodium versions.

Not weird at all. That's actually a great idea!
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like the following, not only when it's cold, but when Im not feeling well or just need a kick in the pants.
    Hot water, apple cider vinegar (1tps), lemon juice (1tsp) , honey (1tps) and a dash of cinnamon.
    This is tasty and healthy and makes you happy :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a little bit of sugar and half & half. Or coffee with just a little bit of flavored creamer. That stuff goes a long way. You'll adapt.
  • NelliRosas
    Options
    well. you may want to expand you idea of "just tea" ... go to a tea store, trust me you wont need any other warm drink. I personally go to "TEAVANA" they have a large variety of teas. and most of them are so good on their own .... dont even need sugar or honey.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Theraflu
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Yep I drink this all the time! I always have the chicken bullion cubes. however, I accidentally bought the no sodium kind one time, it was horrific.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    well. you may want to expand you idea of "just tea" ... go to a tea store, trust me you wont need any other warm drink. I personally go to "TEAVANA" they have a large variety of teas. and most of them are so good on their own .... dont even need sugar or honey.

I second this, and thank you for reminding me I have a tin of some really good stuff from there up in my cabinet. Off to go make some. Mmmm
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I enjoy a cup of bullion on days that I'm insatiably hungry. For some reason, this is the only thing that calms my belly and gets the cravings to go away.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Hot Ribena (or generic blackcurant squash)
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Make hot chocolate with low cal hot chocolate powder and unsweetened regular almond milk. Or you can just microwave a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk and add cinnamon. It tastes JUST like hot chocolate.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Also for a cafe mocha you can do half coffee and half unsweetened chocolate almond milk. 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk is like 20-25 calories, 1/2 cup of coffee is like 0 cal.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of chicken broth, too. I also like hot apple cider with cinnamon and a splash of FF evaporated milk for a bit of creaminess. FF milk steamers are a fave for me, too...just nuke a cup of FF milk, and then add a couple tablespoons of SF flavored syrups...Torani makes them in all kinds of flavors...yum! I had a vanilla cinnamon one this morning.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The broth idea is great and I do that too. Here are a few others:

Slice apples and put 2 cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher, fill pitcher 1/2 with ice and 1/2 with water. Put in fridge over night. Drink cold OR put in microwave to warm up. Yummy. Just make sure the cinnamon and apples stay in the pitcher. You can refill it using the same apple and cinnamon sticks for 3 days.

Put a scoop of your favorite flavored protein powder in your coffee.

C.O. Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Tea IS TO DIE FOR!!!! It's my absolute fave!!

Try a variety of flavored teas.

If you have a Keurig, there are some great flavored coffees out there. Right now I'm enjoying the Caramel Apple Pie Flavor and the Cinnamon Roll.
  • cursiny
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas so far. Keep them coming. It is cold for a long time here in Michigan :noway:
  • cursiny
    Options
    Any others??
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Chai with almond milk