healthy breakfast ideas

Options
healthy breakfast ideas that keep u fuel? (preferably high in protein)

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Muesli is awesome I love Bob red mill's It is raw oats, dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. You can have it hot or cold.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like to cook up a half pound of grass-fed beef in some butter, then add an egg and some cheese. Delicious and high protein! :)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Quinoa!
    Healthy, filling, high in protein and the options on prep are endless.
    My favorite way to make it as a breakfast dish is with cranberries, cinnamon and honey.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Normally for me, 8oz Diet Cranberry, 2oz Aloe Juice mixed with it, and an apple.

But, with protein, I sometimes skip the apple and have a healthy Greek omelet.
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    You can eat 'normal' food for breakfast... don't feel restricted to breakfast foods. Have what you would normally have for dinner!

But anyway, some suggestions are: toasties (I like avocado, tomato and mushroom in mine), green smoothies, omelettes, savoury muffins (healthy home made ones, not garbage ones from cafes obviously), fruit salad (can add in chia, quinoa, etc), or spanish eggs.
  • iamaviking007
    iamaviking007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast lately and put in one tablespoon of smuckers simply fruit ( blueberry ) for some yummy flavor......... that keeps me from getting hungry for a long time. Another breakfast that holds me over all day is turkey bacon and a couple eggs...... to save calories I will sometimes use only one egg yolk and the other egg only use the white.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I flip flop between 2 breakfasts usually.

1) 1/3 cup oats mixed with 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter, 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp ground flax seed and 1/3-1/2 cup milk.

2) Breakfast sandwich: 1 or 2 eggs, tomato, sometimes avocado, sometimes mayo, on either a whole wheat English muffin or an everything bagel. Sometimes I'll go wild and throw a slice of deli meat or cheese on there too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it's typically Greek yogurt or eggs (all kinds of forms, often with sausage or ham), oatmeal, or protein pancakes once in a while.

The only thing that fills me up until lunch unfortunately is the protein pancakes, and that's usually 600-700 calories. I have breakfast around 7.30am usually and typically need a snack at 10am or to have an early lunch.