Weight loss??

Options
Hi guys!
I've been working really hard on eating healthy (yes I eat enough calories, please don't start talking about 'starvation mode') and exercising (burning around 700 kcal 4 times a week in the gym by doing cardio & weights) but my weight hasn't moved in 5 days. Is this normal? How do you guys experience your weightloss? Does it drop slowly or just drop a lot at once?

Thanks to anyone that takes time to reply!! :)

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I usually lose in bursts. I wouldn't stress over 5 days especially if you've been working out a lot. The stress on your tissues can cause water retention. It's often after a few rest days that I'll notice a drop.
  • goddesswannabe
    goddesswannabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually lose in bursts. I wouldn't stress over 5 days especially if you've been working out a lot. The stress on your tissues can cause water retention. It's often after a few rest days that I'll notice a drop.

Thank you! I'm sure your right, I FEEL fitter, so maybe I shouldn't stress too much. It's probably just because after loosing 7 kg I sort of get a little addicted to the satisfaction of seeing the numbers drop ;)

:flowerforyou:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Well depends on how much you have to lose. But yeah if you have any sore muscles youre retaining water but 5 days isn't really enough time to see a significant loss on average unless you have alot to lose. (Like 40lbs or more)
    Also sodium if too high can make you retain water. Ignore the scale for the next 5-7 days then check in again.
    Best luck and keep it up.
    Kimmie
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if its my scales or me but in past experience I tend to stay the same for about 3 weeks and then have a 3/4lb drop. So I wouldn't worry and keep going. I only weigh once a month now though so cant be sure when I lose it.
  • goddesswannabe
    goddesswannabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys!!! I'll keep at it and come think of it ive been hitting my muscles pretty hard this week so that could be a good reason why! :)