I'm new too and need support

Options
alska
alska Posts: 299 Member
Hi All, I'm new, just joined this morning. I need support and also help to stay motivated. I always start off good and then stop totally .. ugh!

I'm 5 2 .. 37 y/o and weigh 164 lbs .. it's the most I ever weighed. I even weighed less when I was preggo for my daughter (i even weighed more now than what i weighed my 9th month!!) :(

I stopped smoking May of this year which helped me to gain. :(

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you've found the right place...i'm also an ex smoker....but i don't have babies lol...
  • heymommy0
    Options
    I am also new, an ex smoker and have 3 babies I need all the help I can get also hope we can help each other
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am an ex-smoker and have a child and I gained 40lbs after my daughter was born (but didn't gain at all during my pregnancy) and this website has been a GREAT help to me!

Welcome and good luck!!
  • VirginiaGeldersma
    Options
    Hey, I have done it for a week now...and it really helps out a lot. It encourages if I keep on track of what I will be in a few weeks. Also, if I want to have something extra to eat, I do a little more on the exercise side. It has really helped a friend of mine too. I also, have lost 6 pounds this week.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome place for support, and making great new friends!! :flowerforyou: I'll send you a request. Not a smoker, but I weigh more now than when I was 9 mon preggo too :grumble: Not cool. Working on it, and I'm sure we can motivate eachother. Welcome!!!! :happy:
  • darinswife
    Options
    Well I like this group, I also weigh more now then i did when i was p g. Ive had a rough time but the girls on this group have helped me want to keep going. you need any support then you have come to the right sight
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I am losing and want to quit smoking........ I say a few more lbs (10) and I will quit. Is that the smart way to go or no?
  • lnadack
    lnadack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is great for support. Read as many blogs as you can. You can find some really helpful information on them. Remember you are only as successful as the effort you put into it. Good Luck!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • alska
    Options
    wow!! thank you so much everyone!!
  • alska
    Options
    i tried quitting a bunch of times, but i never stuck with it. this last time i was up for the challenge, but i also had help with the patch. i didn't do exactly what it said those. i used each step for two weeks and then stopped. it worked out great. i really don't think i could have done it without the patch lol

i would say stop smoking before losing anymore. but your heart has to be set to not want to anymore. i just kept thinking how much it cost to smoke .. ouch n it helped alot lol
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome, you came to the right place. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier!
  • alska
    Options
    thank you! :)