insanity and focus t25

Options
if doing both insanity and focus t25 each day will that help me to lose weight and tone up.

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Why would you need that much activity in one day? If you're doing insanity, I wouldn't suggest an extra workout with it... Either will help you achieve the calorie deficit needed to lose weight. You will tone slightly, but if you want to develop lean muscle, I'd suggest lifting weights.

Insanity is difficult -- if you want to do both, I'd suggest hybriding them and mixing the workouts in on different days.

Just my two cents!
  • Yodifer
    Yodifer Posts: 87
    Options
    I would recommend T25 and maybe adding some strength training OR doing Insanity. Insanity is a program that is more than enough for anyone in 1 day.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I wouldn't advise doing both in one day! Chose one, follow the nutrition guide and then move to the other! Both are meant to skyrocket your metabolism which, down the line, will help you to burn fat throughout the day so you don't need to do both! :)
  • seatownfit
    Options
    Insanity is intense. I completed it and would not recommend that in additon to T25. Maybe adding a weight training day if you are really up for that challenge but that is pushing it. I saw must of my results the second month.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Only because it's fun being a contrarian, I'd say go for it.......KICK *kitten*!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    If you really feel you can do both, go for it!!!! However, Insanity is hard, I mean really hard. I haven't seen T25 but I have heard it is no picnic either. Once you are eating right, yes you will have results, if you really want to be toned, may need to have weight lifting included.

Good luck :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if doing both insanity and focus t25 each day will that help me to lose weight and tone up.

No. But It will help you get an overuse injury tho
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You could do a hybrid, switch it every other day. But there is no need to put that much high level cardio in one day. If anything, if you want to double up, do T25 and add strength training, not Insanity. That is just a quick way to get hurt.