I let myself go

Options
I have been horible this summer. I am a teacher, so that means lots of free time. Unfortunately, I have spent most of it chowing down to the tune of 10 extra pounds! Not too bad, but when you already have 40 to lose, that is not good. WHen I religiously used MFP, I was my smallest ever! I need its help again. I have got to post and get things recorded EVERY DAY! No more slips. I need to read the message boards like an alcoholic goes to an AA meeting. I know MFP can give me the motivation I need.

Replies

• Violet1980
    Violet1980 Posts: 54
    Options
    I have been horible this summer. I am a teacher, so that means lots of free time. Unfortunately, I have spent most of it chowing down to the tune of 10 extra pounds! Not too bad, but when you already have 40 to lose, that is not good. WHen I religiously used MFP, I was my smallest ever! I need its help again. I have got to post and get things recorded EVERY DAY! No more slips. I need to read the message boards like an alcoholic goes to an AA meeting. I know MFP can give me the motivation I need.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just jump back in......set yourself some goals and get motivated!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Yeah, while this site is great, it can be a detriment in some ways, It took me a while to learn not to obsess about this site and the numbers, that's almost as bad as overeating, use this site like any other tool, let it help you change how you eat, so that chowing down isn't what you do when you aren't being "good". It's not so much a guilt trip for me any more to eat more then I should, it's just an awareness now, I know when I'm doing badly, and on both a concious and sub-concious level, I tend to stop myself before I go too far. Now if I could only do that when I'm in the bag I would be a machine!
    :tongue:

Pulling for ya Violet!

-Banks