what brands are better to get?

Options
ok so what brands of different foods can I trust? for instance I buy Kroger brand wheat bread as well as private selection whole wheat bread.but I know that some brands say they are good for you when they in reality are not.
anyway if I could get some ideas of what the better brand of different things are I would appreciate it

Replies

• VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think reading the back of the pkg is your best bet as far as brands go..

Homemade from whole foods would be best, but I understand not everyone has the time, desire or know-how for that.
  • blurppp
    Options
    When choosing whole wheat look for 100%. Reading the nutritional information will be the best thing to help you.. Healthy Life High Fiber 100% Whole Wheat is my favorite. 1 slice is 35 calories with 3g of fiber and 2g of protein.
  • britt2093
    Options
    my main issue is that I have heard so many different things about what should be in it and not to buy it if there are certain words on the back.so its confusing when im not sure what to really be looking for
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Define "good for you"?
  • britt2093
    Options
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    my main issue is that I have heard so many different things about what should be in it and not to buy it if there are certain words on the back.so its confusing when im not sure what to really be looking for

OP, given this and your other thread, you're overcomplicating a really basic thing here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Define "good for you"?

^this
  • clanmcvicar
    clanmcvicar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh Hi There,
    So, only yesterday a friend showed me an App she had on her Iphone - she scanned a barcode on "any" product, and the app gave her the "healthier" options available for that - ie less sugar, less sodium etc. The item she showed me was for Tuna - like one of those lunch kits? Its very easy to use, and as the lunch kit happened to be the thousand island flavour, (someone elses lunch) it gave her a list of other tuna kits and products that was better to consume rather than the 'saucy" option! Great App!!
    Have a look and see if you can find it - I think it may have "comparison" in the title....
    Hope that helps!