Specific time to eat carbs with regards strength training..

Options
Hey guys, just looking for some opinions from others, i'm female and in the past month have started lifting while at maintenance and sometimes a slight deficit on non-training days.

I'm just looking for some advice on diet really, i'm trying to improve my physice and wondering should i be eating most my carbs in the morning/afternoon time while i'm at this stage where I'm working on body composition.

Really trying to focus on my macros now and hit my targets so just curious is eating starchy carbs in the evening going to hinder my progress, really appreciate any advice on this.

Replies

• amacneill
    amacneill Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ideally I think you should do starchy carbs in the morning, just because you are burning them off through the day as opposed to at night eating them and then doing light activities before sleep.
    That being said I still think vegetables are fine with dinner. Fruit I usually steer away from in the afternoons too partly because of the sugar content so late in the day doesn't feel balanced to me but also because fruit is the fastest digesting food, so eating after your breakfast and lunch are already digesting in your gut just means they have to sit behind all of that.
    So yes i would say morning/early afternoon for starchy carbs i.e. breads, rice, potato, carrot etc.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It hasn't hindered mine at all.

timing when you eat your food is not necessary as long as you hit those Macros.

Just make sure you are eating 1gram of Protien for every lb of lean mass. Fats at about 35% of Lean mass rest carbs/alcohol...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whenever you feel like it.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have been doing whenever I feel like it i'm just wondering does it make a difference regards body comp, thanks for the advice anyways guess i'll just keep focusing on hitting my macros especially protein that seems more important. :)
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Never eat after midnight.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    The book the New Rules Of Lifting for Women has some very specific guidelines around timing protein and carbs for ideal results, and some good recipes too.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The book the New Rules Of Lifting for Women has some very specific guidelines around timing protein and carbs for ideal results, and some good recipes too.

So what does it actually say?