Getting fit for Cosplaying

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I like anime. And I've made cosplay costumes for my kids.

But I wouldn't say I'm such a huge fan that I would use it for motivation. It's kind of awesome that you have something so unique to motivate your fitness efforts.

You can add me if you like.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    OP - I saw your profile pic and thought you should cosplay Vamp from the Metal Gear Solid series.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get fit enough to do Nora or Masane from Witchblade, and about a dozen others, but that is my first goal.

I'm thinking ComicCon San Diego 2015. I would do anything to go back!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hai!! I'm in the same boat as you ^_^ one of my biggest motivations for becoming fit is for cosplaying. I have a million of characters I wana play as, i just need the body to do it ;3
  • FitnessForReiner
    Options
    When I made this topic, I did not expect this many people to post!
    I'm adding all of you. :P

I probably will end up messaging most of you! :O
    you all seem really awesome. :)
    OP - I saw your profile pic and thought you should cosplay Vamp from the Metal Gear Solid series.

O.o I'll have to check that out!
  • nightmarethewolf
    Options
    Hi! I've been cosplaying for about 2 years now,I think...
    But i've been wanting to cosplay some really awesome characters so that's one reason (but not the main reason) I want to get fit.
    So,feel free to add me n.n We could motivate and help each other
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have done some cosplay, but after seeing just how terrible I looked from being out of shape I cried and deleted all evidence. Once I am good shape I think the first one I am going to do is The Enchanter of Elegies from shakugan no shana. That is one of my all time favorites.
  • meeper123
    Options
    When I made this topic, I did not expect this many people to post!
    I'm adding all of you. :P

I probably will end up messaging most of you! :O
    you all seem really awesome. :)

O.o I'll have to check that out!

Oh! that would be a good one!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm not into it. The topic interested me as I know a girl who is into this & I wished that she would lose xx amount of weight before she squeezed into her ghastly costume!! As horrible as I sound, some people just don't need to see certain things!

Good luck with your weight loss & I hope you enjoy cosplaying as the character you have chosen.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into anime, but I've always wanted to cosplay. Maybe as someone from BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, or Rise of the Guardians. :) The only anime I've really enjoyed so far is Death Note.

Anyways, congrats on starting your 'journey'. I think it's cosplaying is something fantastic to look forward to and use as motivation.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    Other than Ghost in the Shell I'm not into anime, but I do love me some cosplay, so add me if you would like.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm not into it. The topic interested me as I know a girl who is into this & I wished that she would lose xx amount of weight before she squeezed into her ghastly costume!! As horrible as I sound, some people just don't need to see certain things!

Good luck with your weight loss & I hope you enjoy cosplaying as the character you have chosen.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlchS63Vi_Ba_H0S7z2QIzLUehH0bAlpV6PI_lCZmjkFMJud6xcQ
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Dude... you have my full support! I think anime is awesome! Add me.
  • Rastatastic
    Rastatastic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Getting fit for Cosplay is such epic motivation! I am an avid manga reader/anime watcher. I enjoy Naruto, Black Butler, and Full Metal Alchemist. I am also really into video games! My favorites are(xbox of course) Skyrim, Boderlands, The Reckoning and Minecraft. I have not had the pleasure of going to Comic Con yet, but hopefully I will get the chance to this summer in Las Cruces!!

Add me if you like! :)
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OHHHH my goodness I think I just found the best message board post EVER.

I am a MASSIVE cosplayer :D My boyfriend and I are currently creating a Kirito/Asuna duo (Sword Art Online), an Edea and Seifer duo (Final Fantasy VIII), and a Yuna and Tidus duo (Final Fantasy X).

We met when I was cosplaying as Summoner Yuna this past year at Anime Boston. Boys, if you ever want to win a girl cosplayer's heart, just tell her she's the prettiest -insert character here- in the entire convention. It worked for me and my sweetheart!

Oh dear god I need more cosplaying friends on here. Friend meeeee!!! <3
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I want to cosplay as Kratos from the God of War series once I get to my goal body.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    There is no bad reason to want to get in better physical condition/lose weight. The investment in your health and fitness will pay dividends besides making you look more "screen accurate". I wish you good journey toward your cosplay goals. :drinker:

I love cosplay too, but I'm getting a bit on the old side to cosplay these days. I need to find some "age appropriate" female characters to cosplay at some point, but most female characters in science fiction/fantasy are young. I am not into anime, but cosplay is cosplay, as far as I'm concerned. It's all in good fun, and I wish people weren't so harsh in their criticism of cosplayers who don't have a perfect physique. it's just supposed to be fun. :wink:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I'm an anime fan, and I love going to conventions. Which I plan on cosplaying, and as my username says "Fitness for Reiner".
    I plan on getting into shape to cosplay Reiner from the Attack On Titan anime.

i'm actually looking for people to add on here, people who are interested in games or anime. People to share motivation, support, and friendship.
    I plan on losing about 85lbs, but I'm not just losing this weight just for cosplaying. I want to feel better and look better, I want a healthier life style. Cosplaying is my motivation, my goal.

Haha as soon as I read your cosplaying idea, I immediately heard the first season intro music in my head - which is badass might I add.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Getting fit for Cosplay is such epic motivation! I am an avid manga reader/anime watcher. I enjoy Naruto, Black Butler, and Full Metal Alchemist. I am also really into video games! My favorites are(xbox of course) Skyrim, Boderlands, The Reckoning and Minecraft. I have not had the pleasure of going to Comic Con yet, but hopefully I will get the chance to this summer in Las Cruces!!

Add me if you like! :)

I also love black butler how fun would it be to be madam red :)
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    There is no bad reason to want to get in better physical condition/lose weight. The investment in your health and fitness will pay dividends besides making you look more "screen accurate". I wish you good journey toward your cosplay goals. :drinker:

I love cosplay too, but I'm getting a bit on the old side to cosplay these days. I need to find some "age appropriate" female characters to cosplay at some point, but most female characters in science fiction/fantasy are young. I am not into anime, but cosplay is cosplay, as far as I'm concerned. It's all in good fun, and I wish people weren't so harsh in their criticism of cosplayers who don't have a perfect physique. it's just supposed to be fun. :wink:

I can think of a ton but I'm not familiar with anime so I'd have to settle for tv/movies like River Song, Ellen Ripley, Dana Scully, Bree from GoT, Zoe from Firefly, etc. I've totally blanked out on book examples though, I think I've been reading too many YA novels.