A New Beginning...

Options
CosmicAshtyn
CosmicAshtyn Posts: 11
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello everyone!

Diabetes runs in my family really blood, along with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a lot of other things... I want to be healthy. I mean yes, what girl doesn't want to be "skinny and pretty" but I just want to be healthy and happy honestly!

I'm not on the web a lot, so if you want to shoot me a message id be fine with that. I'm going to be honest about my weight and everything. I'm 19 and I'm just done with being unhappy and unhealthy!!!

I'm mainly looking for encouraging friends! I will encourage others... because its hard and I realize this... but I'm just done with the self loathing lol. So ill be exercising and eating healthier (hopefully) if anyone know super healthy and yummy snacka please let me know! Lets all start with a new beginning.

I'm ready for my metamorphosis, are you? :3

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to MFP.
    Congratulations for your decision to become healthy.

This link maybe of help
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

as for healthy snacks,my suggestion is to start with what you like and "evolve" them into a more healthier version.
    Try using the "search" option above
    >Home>Recent Post>My Topics>Settings>Search
    and type snacks

I prefer snacks I can take to the office like
    Fruits: Apple, Pear, Clementine,etc
    Greek Yogurt or Kefir

At home, I go for my favorite food, in moderation, of course. I keep the snack calories around 150 total

Good luck in your journey
  • CosmicAshtyn
    Options
    Hmmm ill check out the links and the snack page. Thank you for replying. I never thought to put a limit on my snack calories.
  • CosmicAshtyn
    Options
    Hmmm ill check out the links and the snack page. Thank you for replying. I never thought to put a limit on my snack calories.
  • applepie161987
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • applepie161987
    Options
    My fave healthy snack is that I will get plain greek yogurt and mic in a packet of onion dip. I love red peppers dipped in it. I can eat a bit without feeling guilty, and it fills me up!
  • CosmicAshtyn
    Options
    My fave healthy snack is that I will get plain greek yogurt and mic in a packet of onion dip. I love red peppers dipped in it. I can eat a bit without feeling guilty, and it fills me up!

That sounds really different. I thought greek yogurt was sweet. Ill definately have to try it :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Getting Healthy is definitely the Best reason of all.

I've been "skinny fat" forever. I'd hide my weight well and my 'numbers' were not that good. My cholesterol is finally getting 'safe' yeah!!! I'll admit, I'm going for a 'look' too, but that is just an easier visual goal.

Good luck! we're here to help. Add me if you're looking for more friends It will help you if you do check in often, even if you normally are not on-line much. Or have a personal accountability person to help you and chat with you
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Making little changes everyday & logging the foods no.matter.what is key. I did really well today, until I wanted some chocolate. The only chocolate in the house was some fudge ice cream topping...and I had to log it. I wanted a cherry coke (didn't taste good anymore-even though it was once my fav), and had to log it. You will have great days & cheat days or meals, don't feel like you are depriving yourself. Earlier today, I ate like a bunny with all the veggies for my salad, but having a couple pieces of pizza & the other stuff helps keep me going. I used to drink over a 2 liter of soda a day. Now, I'll have one or two every few weeks.

Start small & keep going. :)

Add me if you'd like. :)
This discussion has been closed.