Can't seem to get motivated

I've been wanting to try the couch to 5k thing, but I can't seem to get myself motivated in the mornings. I'm not a morning person at all. I'm in the Phoenix area and it is just way too hot in the afternoon to do it, but I don't seem to have energy before 11 am. Even then, I feel like a big ole blah.

I'm 350 (down from 400). I'm hoping maybe if I lose more weight dieting I will get more energy, but I'm not all that confident.

Replies

• Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    You have to just find the routine and do it the same time every day - at least that's what works for me. I put my clothes out every morning, suck it up and just do it. The hardest part for me is getting out the door.

If you're intimidated by the C25K program, try just walking for 20-30 minutes 3 times a week to get into the morning routine. Also make sure to drink plenty of water during the days leading up to your walks/runs. That helps with my fatigue and sluggishness.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    I switched to being a morning exerciser. I was always trying to go after work, but found myself so exhausted that i would just skip it. Since I've been laying out my clothes, packing my lunch, and hitting the gym in the morning Ive lost 17 lbs. Its been just about 2 months of steady effort. You can do it! I started out having to drink coffee to be able to wake up early enough to work out. Do what you need to do at first to get the ball rolling. Your energy will pick up really quickly. I know mine did.
  • Run at night - its easier - then after u get your cardio endurance built go to morning but your performance will suffer at first - your body isn't warmed up and its actually the worst time to exercise performance wise.