Before and After Pics

Options
RunBrew
RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
We all know it's hard to see yourself as other see you. Especially after a drastic weight change. I never really noticed it until my wife showed me this cellphone pic she took about a week ago. I was like 'Whaaaaa?' thats me?" Dang.

Here's me about 18 months ago, 190lbs.
Before_zpsf59fea53.jpg

Here's me last week after dropping over 40 pounds, In the neighborhood of 148lb:
After_zps94620e86.jpg
and
Other_zps6572ba7d.jpg

I was shocked by the difference in my face and arms.

As an added bonus I had a semi-professional body comp test done today using a skin-fold caliper, and it came back as 10-12% BF.
I actually laughed and told the guy (who used to work at the Olympic Training Center and claims to have done 5000+ tests) that he must have gotten it wrong. He did it again with the same results....I'm flat stunned.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    We all know it's hard to see yourself as other see you. Especially after a drastic weight change. I never really noticed it until my wife showed me this cellphone pic she took about a week ago. I was like 'Whaaaaa?' thats me?" Dang.

Here's me about 18 months ago, 190lbs.
    Before_zpsf59fea53.jpg

Here's me last week after dropping over 40 pounds, In the neighborhood of 148lb:
    After_zps94620e86.jpg
    and
    Other_zps6572ba7d.jpg

I was shocked by the difference in my face and arms.

As an added bonus I had a semi-professional body comp test done today using a skin-fold caliper, and it came back as 10-12% BF.
    I actually laughed and told the guy (who used to work at the Olympic Training Center and claims to have done 5000+ tests) that he must have gotten it wrong. He did it again with the same results....I'm flat stunned.

IMG needs to be img

You look amazing :drinker:
  • Todayistheday13
    Todayistheday13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!! That is just amazing. You should be very proud of yourself
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look great and I bet feel even better! Congrats!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I would have thought it was two different people. Good job :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Excellent
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is EPIC! You look fantastic-congratulations to you! Now take one with the pack while you're hiking :) Or out running!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    amazing
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look amazing
  • dlibby1978
    dlibby1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look like a different person and I'm sure feel like a different person! Way to go - thanks for the motivation!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    That is EPIC! You look fantastic-congratulations to you! Now take one with the pack while you're hiking :) Or out running!

agreed

i prefer the before for the simple fact that you're hiking.... ahh.. cant wait to get out to AZ in a few weeks and put my pack on

ETA: forgot my avatar was of me hiking...
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Fantastic -- congratulations!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing transformation. Good work
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Pics really are worth 1,000 words, glad you wife showed you the pics. Congrats!! You look awesome!
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options

agreed

i prefer the before for the simple fact that you're hiking.... ahh.. cant wait to get out to AZ in a few weeks and put my pack on

ETA: forgot my avatar was of me hiking...

I'm actually from Central AZ, and spent alot of my teenage years running the trails of the Canyon. I can definitely sympathize with you.

As for hiking here in CO, this was the same trailhead 1 year later. May of this year....I weighed about 165 in this...25lbs down from the red shirt. Needless to say, we pretty much packed it up and headed home.
    Snow_zps94136aa0.jpg
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    You look like a completely different person!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Nice. My avatar is from somewhere on Boucher Trail in the Grand Canyon
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Quite a difference! Very well done :)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

How tall are you by the way?
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Great job, what a difference. I am still shooting for your before pic, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!