Seriously...running is cramping my workout style

Options
I feel like this -

running:workout regimen = smoking meth:good smile.

A strength training or cross training day just feels like so much work when I can just throw my headphones on and go run 6 miles. Not running more than 10 miles on Saturdays drives me nuts, but I cant maintain that with keeping my midweek mileage a little high.

I don't get the same rush from doing cross training, weight training, etc either, so on inbetween days, I get a case of the fukits, and don't even bother. To add to the problem, when I run, I then justify eating and drinking whatever the hell I please. Logging goes out the window, because seriously, when you finish a 14 mile run and decide you are going ham on the first bag of Wavy Lays that crosses your path because you just burned 1600 calories, whats the point? Besides, who has time to log the 67 food items I justified consuming that day.

Just needed to get that little rant out of my system.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I love running & biking in the same day. Didn't hit the gym today, but I had 3500 calories to eat in the last 4 hours of the day.

.:drinker: :drinker:
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this thread was gonna play out to be cardio-hating.

I'm totally with ya man. I'm freaking addicted to running. I ran 7 miles early this morning and found my self seriously contemplating the logistics of dinner, and family time....and squeezing in another 5-6 miles before dark, plus figuring out what day to do my long run this week.

I love saying to myself 'I've got 1300 calories credit from today's run....Yeah I will have that cake for dessert.'
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    This is my life. And it is awesome.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Running is my addiction. I am recovering from a knee injury and still day dream about running. *sighs* I'll stick to my lowly walking for now.
  • kaylarunshappy
    Options
    This is my life. And it is awesome.

Agreed!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I don't get the same rush from doing cross training, weight training, etc either, so on inbetween days, I get a case of the fukits, and don't even bother.

Nobody is supposed to do everything - there is absolutely nothing wrong with running your feet off, and if that's what you love, that's what you love!
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    I kind of think we are all sick...and I love it.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I don't get the same rush from doing cross training, weight training, etc either, so on inbetween days, I get a case of the fukits, and don't even bother. To add to the problem, when I run, I then justify eating and drinking whatever the hell I please. Logging goes out the window, because seriously, when you finish a 14 mile run and decide you are going ham on the first bag of Wavy Lays that crosses your path because you just burned 1600 calories, whats the point? Besides, who has time to log the 67 food items I justified consuming that day.

Just needed to get that little rant out of my system.

I really enjoyed this and this puts it perfectly how I feel! Like I know I should be doing all this cross training, but I'd rather just do more running. And then I get irritated that I'm not losing weight, nevermind all the food I just inhaled because I let my run become an excuse for turning into a vacuum cleaner :blushing:

Love all my friends who do insanity, yoga, rock climbing, swimming, they are such badasses. They even try to encourage me to go with them, but I just wanna run more! :drinker: