120 pounds and a Body Recomp. From Fat to Personal Trainer!

Options
(semi-cross post elsewhere... but people said I should post this as a separate thread!)

Hi, Everyone!

In high school, I was athletic and of a slightly larger build. I was 5'8, weighed around 190. Good looking boy! - I went away to college when I was 18. The freshman 15 turned into the freshman 50 for me. Things spiraled out of control after that, and I ended up graduating college at 310 pounds, putting on 120 pounds during my college career.

Whenever I had lost weight previously, I had drastically cut calories and hit the gym hard... it was completely the wrong way to do it, and there was no way I could maintain the pace I was going at. I would drop 50 pounds, only to put 60 back on. It was wild. And horrible.

The last time I lost weight, I decided to really do research. About TDEE. About BMR. About Calories in vs. Calories out.

Throughout the entire time I have lost weight, I have eaten between 2200-2700 calories a day. If I want Pizza, I have Pizza. If I want Taco Bell, you bet. I just make better decisions when I'm there.

It took me a year, approximately, to lose 120 pounds... but over the past 6 months, I have done a major body recomposition.

The best part of this whole thing? I'm taking my personal trainer test in a month. Time to pay it all forward!

Then: 310
1rpx14.jpg

2pycmzm.jpg

Now: 190
2a5yyv4.jpg

250qp9s.jpg

If I can do anything to help out anyone, please add me. I'll do what I can, except listen to excuses. Aint got time for that! :)

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    you look great! so different too.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!!!!
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic and have an awesome story!
  • carol5047
    carol5047 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I'm 52, I've lost 37 lbs so far. Exercise 4X's a week upping it to 5X's this week. I want to lose 47 more and set a goal of July 4th! Are you near St. Louis?
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Just awesome!:drinker:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Awesome work sir. :drinker:
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!!!!
    and you too!!!!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats, great transformation!
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing job!!
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    What an inspiration! I'm 52, I've lost 37 lbs so far. Exercise 4X's a week upping it to 5X's this week. I want to lose 47 more and set a goal of July 4th! Are you near St. Louis?

I am not! :( I am in NYC! I hope you reach your goals. Do it. I'm rooting for you!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Congratulations!!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Nice transformation! Good look with ur personal training career! Nothing like having a PT that has been there, done that...
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Mind if I add you?
  • 250gorilla
    250gorilla Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Super job Congrats!
  • LoudmouthLee
    Options
    Amazing! Nice transformation! Good look with ur personal training career! Nothing like having a PT that has been there, done that...

Middle School Teacher by day... (rips off shirt) Super Motivator by night! :)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    very awesome, I'm adding you for motivation!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Completely Awesome!!!! :)
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Amazing and congrats!!! good luck on your test.
  • reachinmygoal2012
    reachinmygoal2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    looking good!
    good luck with PT, you will be amazing at it because you know first hand how it is to go through a weight loss journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!