5k finally after 7 false starts

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
I've said for years that I want to be a runner.

I downloaded a C25k app almost 4 years ago. I've started it 7 times.

The seventh time, I finished it! I started it on August 24 and registered for a 5k. My goal was to run the entire 5k, no matter how long it took.

My first 5k was tonight, I ran the entire thing in 33:47, my fastest time.

I finished 71/248 in my division and and 1747/3598 finishers.

This is HUGE for me. If you are thinking of doing a C25k, do it, if I can finish anyone can.

My profile pic is a picture of my costume for the 5k (road kill), my time was achieved with beanie babies flopping around.

Replies

• jaysull21
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Gr8 job Keep it up!!!

I am on week 4 but Treadmill C25K :)

did u lose some weight too ?
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting! i am working on the c25k and for the first time i ACTUALLY thinking of doing a 5k (it's actually a 4.2k , part of an annual marathon) instead of just saying "oh i would love to do a 5k but i'm too fat/unhealthy/knees/old/etc"
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Way to go!!!

I'm running my first 5k this weekend - I did C25k and now run 3 miles in under 40 minutes. I can't wait!!!
  • wanitalilly
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I was just looking at my C25K app that I attempted 3X! lol
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP. Soooooo what is your next goal?
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP. Soooooo what is your next goal?

Thank you everyone.

My immediate goal is to start Stronglifts 5x5, I was working with a trainer on stability and form, but our schedules haven't matched the past couple of weeks. I've set a date and i plan to work with my trainer a couple more times, then start.

Running wise, I'm doing the One Hour Runner program, it's 10 weeks, 3 days a week and not rigorously scheduled. I've signed up for a 5k in November and December and a 10k on New Years Day. I'm starting my new year by achieving a goal, which is how I hope my whole year goes, achieving goals.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Great job!! I've just started seriously running again and signing up for races is such motivation. I've done a few mudruns to keep myself accountable. Keep up the great work!!
  • Othala
    Othala Posts: 6
    Options
    Well done for putting in the hard work and on achieving your well deserved success.

Congratulations!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! I'm starting week 8. Never ran in my life yet this program has gotten me to jog 25 minutes non-stop. I actually look forward to the days I do it.

I haven't lost any weight on it. I work out 6 days a week (3 days are C25K and long walks) but my weight loss has stalled completely for the past 6 weeks. I do have some nice muscles though and although my clothes aren't looser, they're not tighter either.

Planning on running a 5K in November.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
    I found getting to the first 5 k non stop was the hardest, now its hard to stop running and i frequently want to keep going firther than i should. Be careful with this as sometimes you will feel so good and think why not. I normally maxed out at 12 km or so once in a while when some friends had been working on longer distances, one day i was feeling good and did a half with them, finished no problem but i was sore for about 3 weeks and im pretty sure thats what caused it. When you increase distance do it in moderation.
    keep up the good work :)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm on week 4 and kind of stuck there. but that is ok, not quitting. I already signed up for the Hot Chocolate 5k here so I have time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!