Crystal Light

Options
Does anyone know if drinking Crystal Light flavored water is just as good as drinking plain water?

Replies

• suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's the next best thing!! You can track it as water! :-)
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I used to only drink crystal light but I started getting headaches so I switched to regular water and the headaches stopped. I think that it was all the artificial sweetener that was causing them. I still LOVE splenda in my coffee though.:drinker:
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Crystal light has aspartame in it. Aspartame is really bad for you and is addictive. It gives me the worst headaches.

You are better to have Koolaid and just count the sugar calories!

Just to go Google and type in "Aspartame" and look at all of the stuff that comes up.

In stead of aspartame or any other "artificial" sweetener, I stick with Stevia, and I drink iced tea when i get board with water. Celestial brand iced tea has these yummy flavors that come presweetened wiht stevia. All you have to do is steep them in 6 oz hot water for 3-4 mintues and then add as much ice as you need!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Crystal light has a newer version crystal light fitness made with cane sugar. Has a few calories but is an alternive to the the original.
  • plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can't believe it, I was just talking about Crystal light in the break room at my work, I was dumping my glass out because I couldn't drink anymore of it, it was making sick and I was having reflux.

I'm going to have to say that Crystal Light is gross.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    to me personally nothing is a good or healthy as plain water. and there is just no substitute for that.

I do crystal light only in strict moderation because of the artificial sweeteners. I wouldnt say its as evil as soda and diet soda at all but... I totally agree with the previous poster...stevia is the only "safe" sweetener. But again this is just me...chemical sweeteners don't bother or affect some people so I would do one week with plain water and then one with the crystal light intergrated and see if you notice a difference and go with whichever makes you feel best and works for you
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    Crystal light has aspartame in it. Aspartame is really bad for you and is addictive. It gives me the worst headaches.

You are better to have Koolaid and just count the sugar calories!

Just to go Google and type in "Aspartame" and look at all of the stuff that comes up.

There's also a video on Hulu about aspartame/equal called Sweet Misery if you want to make a more informed decision.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Crystal light has a newer version crystal light fitness made with cane sugar. Has a few calories but is an alternive to the the original.

oh that excites me! I LOVE mixing crystal light in with vanilla whey...it is so yummy as a quick after work out drink. The vanilla whey makes it taste like a "creme cicle" flavor! I iwll have to try their cane version
  • MellyMel03
    Options
    Crystal light now has flavors that have stevia, which is an all natural, calorie free sweetener, I get migraines from aspartamine, I am fine with splenda also, I think because it is made from sugar rather then totally fake.