Weight loss while nursing

Options
Seriously struggling dropping lbs. while nursing. My baby is healthy and well fed so that is the most
Important thing for me. I would like to get the weight off though and I'm feeling so frustrated
that it isn't coming off - only a few lbs - despite diet and exercise. (End rant) anyone else? How do you adjust
Your calories on MFP? Thanks!

Replies

• AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out the same thing with the cals. Although I haven't found the time yet with my new baby and my 4 year old to start working out yet I do need to start counting my calories again. I'm not eating bad but I'm not counting just yet. I had someone tell me while breast feeding don't have less then 1800 cals a day. I'm gonna ask my doc when I go in again this Friday though. My baby is 6 weeks.
  • goddessofsewing
    goddessofsewing Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I accounted for nursing in the food section. Look up breastfeeding and it will knock off 500 calories for you. And, just so you know, not everyone drops weight while nursing. I always gained. Boo. Hopefully it will be better next time when I actually have a good idea of what I'm doing Congrats on the new baby!
  • Saraisamom
    Saraisamom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You should talk to your OB, pediatrician, or contact La Leche League. They might be able to give you a good idea of what a proper nursing diet and calorie deficiency is. It really is dependent on your child's age and how much you are producing. Also, make sure you are drinking a ton of water. You could be holding on to water weight.
  • stephlang410
    Options
    Congrats on your little one! Such a special time... I didn't start going back to calorie counting until a month ago. Spending time with my little one was my sole focus. Time to get back to it! Good luck to you too! Being a mom is such a gift. If you wouldn't mind, please let me know what you hear. Have a good week! Thanks for the responses .. Now I will adjust MFP